Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH - when you say hello hi, gday or hello to someone on the trail and they just look at you like you just dropped a steamer in their mouth.
I don’t expect a full on conversation just a little bit of acknowledgment, fark we are all out there for good time and I can guarantee I am suffering more than most, maybe I’m just getting old and grumpy but fark’em.
Strava run.
Bloody ebikers.
Yeti wanker.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
LTIH - when you say hello hi, gday or hello to someone on the trail and they just look at you like you just dropped a steamer in their mouth.
I don’t expect a full on conversation just a little bit of acknowledgment, fark we are all out there for good time and I can guarantee I am suffering more than most, maybe I’m just getting old and grumpy but fark’em.
It seems to be a bit location dependent too. Red Hill wins hands down for friendliest people, another reason why I love that joint. Black Hill's great too. Lysterfield is a mixed bag but I've had some dud interactions there. Yarra Trails during lockdown was largely shithouse.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
It seems to be a bit location dependent too. Red Hill wins hands down for friendliest people, another reason why I love that joint. Black Hill's great too. Lysterfield is a mixed bag but I've had some dud interactions there. Yarra Trails during lockdown was largely shithouse.
Have found YY to be pretty good on the greeting front too

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Don't contact the councilor, contact the council. The verge is theirs and they will either fix it or engage in a battle of red tape with the NBN/tio team about it. Don't give them any history, just ell them their path has a huge fucking hole in it and it is dangerous etc. Better yet fall in the hole and then start the ball rolling...
So I took your advice & lodged a report with the council directly. Several weeks later they finally respond.... that they've referred it to the NBN. The federal member also finally got in touch... to say they've referred it to the NBN.

Meanwhile, we're still here several months later with an ever growing hole on the footpath. On the plus side, now that the hole has grown in proportion it is somewhat easier to gauge what the root cause of the problem is. It's now exposed a larger second pipe underneath the conduit, crossing at right angles. If I had to guess, i'd say this is the stormwater drainage from my house which has been damaged during the install of the conduit over the top. It would explain the large volumes of water involved.

This should be a barrel of fun with (more) incoming rain this week. The only logical resolution here is that I get a 1/2 cube of road base delievered. I could then use this to build a gap jump over the hole, so at least then I could enjoy it's presence.

- Sneaky edit to fix some grammar and avoid the wrath of the pedants.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I took your advice & lodged a report with the council directly. Several weeks later they finally respond.... that they've referred it to the NBN. The federal member also finally got in touch... to say they've referred it to the NBN.

Meanwhile, we're still here several months later with an ever growing hole on the footpath. On the plus size, now that the hole has grown in proportion it is somewhat easier to gauge what the root cause of the problem is. It's now exposed a larger second pipe underneath the conduit, crossing at right angles. If I had to guess, i'd say this is the stormwater drainage from my house which has been damaged during the install of the conduit over the top. It would explain the large volumes of water involved.

This should be a barrel of fun with (more) the incoming rain this week. The only logical resolution here is that I get a 1/2 cube of road base delievered. I could then use this to build a gap jump over the hole, at least then I could enjoy it's presence.
Let the battle of the red tape begin! It will be like those movie knife fights where the antagonists are tied to each other. Only it will be red tape bonding them and a hot potato as the weapon.

Good luck. I suspect this doesn't end swiftly of well.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Let the battle of the red tape begin! It will be like those movie knife fights where the antagonists are tied to each other. Only it will be red tape bonding them and a hot potato as the weapon.

Good luck. I suspect this doesn't end swiftly of well.
There's a rare and endangered grasshopper, it only nests on that part of the footpath, they'll need a full environmental impact study done on that piece of land, maybe see you in a years time. :D

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
There's a rare and endangered grasshopper, it only nests on that part of the footpath, they'll need a full environmental impact study done on that piece of land, maybe see you in a years time. :D
Is that because I mentioned riding there? What if I designated it a running only gap jump? Do I still need an EES?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Sorry, I don't acknowledge Plebs either. And I don't even Strava...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I had an strange encounter at Youies last night. We're about to start riding and see a bloke unloading a titanium Prova Ripido "Party Hardtail" (pictured below) from a van. Go over to oogle said bike. Ask if he has any affiliation with them or just a customer - well yeah - he's the company owner/framebuilder.
There's me sitting on my Waltly because I can't afford a Prova checking out the "brand name" product. Was a bit awks... :oops:

The Prova did look pretty sweet though.