Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
They keep raising the bar and everyone follows with pricing....
I used to build my bikes, frame-up. But it has been a long time for both road/MTB since I have bothered, because it is now so un-economical due to pricing
You need to move to the RNP so you can jump on the beebs bikes train.

Alternatively get moorey to adopt you.

moorey

call me Mia
It's Friday and I am on the red wines, so can't be bothered putting the pricing together.
But the pricing for Trek is only on the higher end if you are buying from a shop/ distributor. It's not out there.
For example, the new Specialized Epic + fork is $8.5K so minus the fork ($1.7k) that's a $ 6.8k frame.
My mate turned up on the high-end model last Sunday, I will let you google the price for that build...
My mate just posted a pic of his new slash. Released today apparently. For no reason I can really pinpoint, I just have no interest in Treks.

moorey

call me Mia
That's fair. If it doesn't tickle your pickle, then don't buy one......
A mate tried to pin me down on my ambivalence....I had no reply....I guess it’s a bit like Spesh. Boutique prices for everyday bikes...and people treat them like it’s a cult. At least Spesh seem to push the envelope. It’s not even that. They just don’t move me.
Santa Cruz are awesome bikes, but they’re starting to move into that category of overhyped fanboi bike cult.
Don’t start me on yeti.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
A mate tried to pin me down on my ambivalence....I had no reply....I guess it’s a bit like Spesh. Boutique prices for everyday bikes...and people treat them like it’s a cult. At least Spesh seem to push the envelope. It’s not even that. They just don’t move me.
Santa Cruz are awesome bikes, but they’re starting to move into that category of overhyped fanboi bike cult.
Don’t start me on yeti.
I think that maybe if you are looking at pushing the edge of weight/ performance/ tech then Specialized/Trek are the first to the forefront.
If however, these are not your priorities, then these may not be the brands for you?

moorey

call me Mia
I think that maybe if you are looking at pushing the edge of weight/ performance/ tech then Specialized/Trek are the first to the forefront.
If however, these are not your priorities, then these may not be the brands for you?
Definitely not my priority.
Not sure that applies to Trek though. Their trail/enduro/dh bikes have changed less than Orange.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Specialized, Trek and Canondale lost me with all of their proprietary crap. They may well do less of that nowadays but I just can't get excited about them because of that.

moorey

call me Mia
Specialized, Trek and Canondale lost me with all of their proprietary crap. They may well do less of that nowadays but I just can't get excited about them because of that.
Canondale were conceived and born proprietary. Absolutely one brand I’ll never own. Period.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Come on, the Cannondale DYAD thing isn’t complicated at all.

Pictured here is o ring kit. No doubt every O-Ring is at 2% crush to avoid 38kg of breakaway force being needed. But there is no compromise on service intervals I promise