Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Getting a call from my very pregnant wife in tears because she left work after an hour because she wasn't feeling well and her boss told her to work harder and that it's a good thing she doesn't have her own practice :mad:
New job time. Fuck that shit.

Edit: after paid maternity leave of course.

Minlak

custom titis
Annnd we made it Perth so Bundaberg package goes from Vic to Bris - Tas - Perth and according to Aus post has been sorted to its next destination already - eagerly awaiting the next stop over

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Annnd we made it Perth so Bundaberg package goes from Vic to Bris - Tas - Perth and according to Aus post has been sorted to its next destination already - eagerly awaiting the next stop over
I'll pick it up for you?

All this Australia Post Tom foolery has given me a little inspiration for a test. I'm going to pop an unstamped envelope in a post box here that is addressed to myself at home and sender my mum's address (within 500m of my place) and see if it gets to her. Will see if it makes it to mum's place or if it vanishes. Stay tuned for an answer in 7 years.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Mine turned up today, 7 days since it arrived in ACT - stupidly big box so I wonder if it got put aside as it took up so much space?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Al is doing his best to follow it up.
It must have trickled down to someone wealthier and thus more deserving of a cool birthday present.

Is this the reasonably priced HT? Can't just chuck a straight post and QR clamp on to get him started?

moorey

call me Mia
Is this the reasonably priced HT? Can't just chuck a straight post and QR clamp on to get him started?
Nah, one of the numerous other kids builds I'm working on. This is a nice little Trance for the neighbours grand son that I put up a WTB for about 6 weeks ago.
Came with the dropper that I knew needed rebuilding. @Nerf Herder was a legend sorting it out fast and efficiently, then aus post said 'hold my beer'

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
View attachment 366823
That price for a trek frame is stoopid.
You might be too young to have been buying fancy mountain bikes in the early 2000s, when the dollar was shit and the internet was in computers? Retail prices didn't have the strong downward pressure that was driven by global online discount retail and prices were often ludicrous. My all time favourite "what the fuck?" price frame comes from trek, the diesel. I remember seeing it in the catalogue for a little over $10k for the frame.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
View attachment 366823
That price for a trek frame is stoopid.
It's Friday and I am on the red wines, so can't be bothered putting the pricing together.
But the pricing for Trek is only on the higher end if you are buying from a shop/ distributor. It's not out there.
For example, the new Specialized Epic + fork is $8.5K so minus the fork ($1.7k) that's a $ 6.8k frame.
My mate turned up on the high-end model last Sunday, I will let you google the price for that build...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It's Friday and I am on the red wines, so can't be bothered putting the pricing together.
But the pricing for Trek is only on the higher end if you are buying from a shop/ distributor. It's not out there.
For example, the new Specialized Epic + fork is $8.5K so minus the fork ($1.7k) that's a $ 6.8k frame.
My mate turned up on the high-end model last Sunday, I will let you google the price for that build...
Specialized having really really stupid pricing does not make trek pricing less stupid.
They can both be dumb.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Specialized having really really stupid pricing does not make trek pricing less stupid.
They can both be dumb.
They keep raising the bar and everyone follows with pricing....
I used to build my bikes, frame-up. But it has been a long time for both road/MTB since I have bothered, because it is now so un-economical due to pricing