Little Things You Hate

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yeah I hate that shit, once had someone overtake me in the 110 zone and seemed a little erratic as they were coming up in the mirror, take a look as they pass and they had an iPad or something on the steering wheel as they’re doing about 120km/hr :rolleyes:
Weirdly I saw the dumbest phone mount today. Wife was driving so I was shotgun in the 4wd. Next to us was an Audi pretend SUV. The phone was in a holder. The holder was screwed to plastic arms on the steering wheel so that the phone and mount were centred on the airbag. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Weirdly I saw the dumbest phone mount today. Wife was driving so I was shotgun in the 4wd. Next to us was an Audi pretend SUV. The phone was in a holder. The holder was screwed to plastic arms on the steering wheel so that the phone and mount were centred on the airbag. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Well, there you go, similar to this?

cammas

Seamstress
Mmm…. what go wrong there?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Back when I was carpooling, we were heading to work, and my colleague was driving at the 110 speed limit on the highway, when we were overtaken by a woman. When I looked over, I noticed that she was reading a book on her steering wheel. o_O

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It’s quite astonishing how clueless most people are about airbags…

I once spoke to a little old lady at a servo in what was clearly a brand new car she was still getting used to. She was fairly short and had her seat pulled right up and she was hugging the wheel.

I asked her if it was her first airbag car and if the dealer had told her about them. Yes and no… I spent a little time with her getting her seating position into a less fatal setup and we had a chat about good driving positioning and control etc - and the dangers of airbags if not treated properly. She was grateful and I was just annoyed at the dealer… My good deed for the day - the airbag would have killed her for sure if it had gone off.

slowmick

38-39"
Driving home on the freeway after Christmas lunch got passed by a bloke travelling way above the speed limit. Pull up next to him (left hand side) at the lights at the end of the freeway at Springvale road. Next thing a passenger sits up and put her seat belt back on. Merry Christmas everyone.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All this car talk...last night in walking down a narrow crowded icey street with a bit of snow falling when an unweighted LWB hi-ace van comes swerving down the road into the crowd at way too much speed for the location and conditions...that's probably an australian driver I think to myself and I am probably right though they could be from any number of western anglo nations. The give away was the driver was busy texting swiping or whatevering on her phone rather than paying attention. There has recently been some recommendations that foreigners stop bringing rental cars to town and driving around (there is very little parking anyway) as they have been causing a fair bit of traffic problems.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It’s quite astonishing how clueless most people are about airbags…

I once spoke to a little old lady at a servo in what was clearly a brand new car she was still getting used to. She was fairly short and had her seat pulled right up and she was hugging the wheel.

I asked her if it was her first airbag car and if the dealer had told her about them. Yes and no… I spent a little time with her getting her seating position into a less fatal setup and we had a chat about good driving positioning and control etc - and the dangers of airbags if not treated properly. She was grateful and I was just annoyed at the dealer… My good deed for the day - the airbag would have killed her for sure if it had gone off.
Is that why everytime i get my car serviced i have drag the front seat off the back seat just to reach the pedals?

slowmick

38-39"
5:30 this morning I was driving in a suburban street with cars parked on both sides and I see what looks like a drunk motorbike rider coming towards me swerving all over the road. Pull in behind a line of parked cars and wait only to see an SUV with the drivers side headlight out speed past at way over 50km/h. Fuck that guy.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Dentists. Well, I like the dentist - she is lovely. What I don’t like is the anxiety attacks in the chair, the whack of pain as we discover the anaesthetic needs a top up, the nasty surprises we find under the old amalgam she is digging out that means I probably need a crown if I’m lucky and more likely a root canal. Kaching…

To all the parents out there - make sure your kids get stacks of fluoride!! I didn’t and it’s been a lifetime of chalky teeth and so many thousands spent at dentists and so much pain and discomfort.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Dentists. Well, I like the dentist - she is lovely. What I don’t like is the anxiety attacks in the chair, the whack of pain as we discover the anaesthetic needs a top up, the nasty surprises we find under the old amalgam she is digging out that means I probably need a crown if I’m lucky and more likely a root canal. Kaching…

To all the parents out there - make sure your kids get stacks of fluoride!! I didn’t and it’s been a lifetime of chalky teeth and so many thousands spent at dentists and so much pain and discomfort.
My wife has teeth like chalk. She's forever breaking bits off them.