Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's one of the reasons I live in Cairns, it's 2 minutes to the beach, 5 minutes to the shops, 10 minutes to the trails, 15 minutes to the airport and 20 minutes to the CBD.

And after travelling around Europe for 6 weeks, it's clear that Australia is a basket case when it comes to integrated public transport - absolutely zero forward thinking.
Give it another 10 years or so and it will be like most other major cities. I can recall Friday arvos were a PITA there when I was there last, I think the footy was on and the traffic was backed up from Smithfield to the CBD.

Back in the south side of Brisbane in the 90s, I used to race my old boss home after work in cars, we used top speeds of 180km/h on the freeway, and there was barely a car on the road, these days it's bumper to bumper traffic the whole way.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ordered a hanger from bicycles online express post. Order receipt show express, shipping confirmation shows express aus post tracking shows parcel post.
Have only dealt with bikes online a few times but every experience has been just like this. From memory they're in the Philippines?

Pretty sure they are in Manly.

cammas

Seamstress
Give it another 10 years or so and it will be like most other major cities. I can recall Friday arvos were a PITA there when I was there last, I think the footy was on and the traffic was backed up from Smithfield to the CBD.

Back in the south side of Brisbane in the 90s, I used to race my old boss home after work in cars, we used top speeds of 180km/h on the freeway, and there was barely a car on the road, these days it's bumper to bumper traffic the whole way.
just like driving up the western highway you use have the Rockbank caravan park in the middle of nowhere now its being engulfed by suburbia

Jabubu

let you google that for me

I've never known traffic to be backed up to Smithfield, are you sure there wasn't a major accident?

Hopefully they get round to building this damn cycle pathway from the northern beaches to the CBD - I can see people using an ebike to get to the city in half an hour.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've never known traffic to be backed up to Smithfield, are you sure there wasn't a major accident?

Hopefully they get round to building this damn cycle pathway from the northern beaches to the CBD - I can see people using an ebike to get to the city in half an hour.
I saw it a few times like that when I was there. Going up over the ranges usually screws you up when there's a crash.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
is more lanes and more parking… Sigh.
Bloody hell, where are they going to put them? Had to punt the Dual Cab Hilux through Hobart to gather supplies, the whole city felt densely packed with tiny roads.

OK, so the second trip in wasn't strictly required, but I didn't think I was going back and be damned if I wasn't going in for a good look around!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bloody hell, where are they going to put them? Had to punt the Dual Cab Hilux through Hobart to gather supplies, the whole city felt densely packed with tiny roads.

OK, so the second trip in wasn't strictly required, but I didn't think I was going back and be damned if I wasn't going in for a good look around!
They’re adding a lane to the Southern Outlet - so all the traffic can get to the bottleneck at the first set of lights a minute faster… And they want more high rise parking that takes 15 minutes to circle the way up. No one says a word about putting the trams back in or putting a light rail on the existing unused train line. It’s all pretty backwards and embarrassing.

I’m seeing a lot of rams and silverados around lately - makes the Hilux look like a good deal for those little roads!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
They’re adding a lane to the Southern Outlet - so all the traffic can get to the bottleneck at the first set of lights a minute faster… And they want more high rise parking that takes 15 minutes to circle the way up. No one says a word about putting the trams back in or putting a light rail on the existing unused train line. It’s all pretty backwards and embarrassing.

I’m seeing a lot of rams and silverados around lately - makes the Hilux look like a good deal for those little roads!
Saw a Tacoma for the first time last week. Holy moly thats a big vehicle.

cammas

Seamstress
I have been shocked by the number of grown adult men I have seen picking their nose over the last couple of weeks.
Had an incident a few weeks back, see a nice car coming up next to me at the lights from memory it was a Lamborghini, very nice. As I like cars I was trying to check it out, as it got up next to me I have a look and got a bit more than I bargained for.
There was a couple in their late thirties or early forties, she was driving and she was also having a dig but not with a finger, she was using her thumb :oops:. To make it worse they were just chatting away like there was nothing going on, I took another at the car then turned away praying for the light to turn green so I didn’t have to look again.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had an incident a few weeks back, see a nice car coming up next to me at the lights from memory it was a Lamborghini, very nice. As I like cars I was trying to check it out, as it got up next to me I have a look and got a bit more than I bargained for.
There was a couple in their late thirties or early forties, she was driving and she was also having a dig but not with a finger, she was using her thumb :oops:. To make it worse they were just chatting away like there was nothing going on, I took another at the car then turned away praying for the light to turn green so I didn’t have to look again.
I was driving on the highway a few years ago and saw a car driving erratically in front of me. I thought maybe pissed and better overtake before they side-swipe me. As I go to pass I see her slow down a bit and fidget with her hands between her legs, being in high fourwheel it got the better of me and I have a quick glance and this stupid person is typing on a small laptop between their legs as they're driving along.

Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
I was driving on the highway a few years ago and saw a car driving erratically in front of me. A thought maybe pissed and better overtake before they side-swipe me. As I go to pass I see her slow down a bit and fidget with her hands between her legs, being in high fourwheel it got the better of me and I have a quick glance and this stupid person is typing on a small laptop between their legs as they're driving along.
Yeah I hate that shit, once had someone overtake me in the 110 zone and seemed a little erratic as they were coming up in the mirror, take a look as they pass and they had an iPad or something on the steering wheel as they’re doing about 120km/hr :rolleyes: