Little Things You Hate

Isildur

The Real Pedant
My recent purchase from chain reaction cycles included this:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/nukeproof-grip-tape-and-moto-foam-bundle

I figured $5 let's see what it is... I don't know what I was expecting, maybe something not too dissimilar to the sort of foam used for making grip on a surf board? Anyway what came was a piece of grip tape like that on a skate board about the size of the palm of my hand and a piece of foam, like a shitty sponge, that is about 250-300mm square and 15-20mm thick. This was not a fun surprise.
I dunno, I'd be expecting 10cm2 of grip tape and 30cm2 of foam....

Screenshot_20230529_190227_Chrome.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
A few months back during one of my many blood tests, I went in to my usual local Clinpath collection room, its always someone different but it was this bigger lady today and she was hell bent on doing everything sitting down, she reached over to grab a collection bottle and a loud fart popped out. I didn't even flinch, her face went red and she looked a bit sheepish, I felt a bit embarrassed for her but remained composed as if it hadn't happened :p
And you didn't rip one off of your own to put her at ease?!?! You Monster!! :eek:

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - pull up at the lights on the way home and ambulance is trying to get through peak hour Melbourne traffic, right at the intersection of Spencer and Flinders street.
Green arrow goes and the ambulance slowly goes through the intersection, fuckers coming the opposite way start beeping the car at front for stopping to let the ambulance through.
I swear we are doomed as a society, people are just arseholes and no doubt, if roles were reversed, they would abuse the poor ambos for taking so long.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...many a sad coffee made using that shit.

Large
Cappuccino
Skin milk
Extra hot

75% of older people's order.

Followed by:
Can I have some sugar?

When they take a sip of their cup of sadness and realise their order tastes like shit.

Very little thing - off for a day of adventure on the bike, discover I left my hat at home. It's a hat kind of day.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That's the Adelaide geriatric's order, followed by "just make it piping hot luvvie." I'm guessing their mouths and digestive systems are basically asbestos.
Golf club I worked at on ladies day non stop extra hot skim cappa’s. Used to just line cups up with boiling water so the cups were piping hot and then make the cup of sadness as trying to heat milk to their desired temp would just burn the milk. Seemed to do the trick.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's the Adelaide geriatric's order, followed by "just make it piping hot luvvie." I'm guessing their mouths and digestive systems are basically asbestos.
They like to look at the coffee for a long long long long time while jabbering on and on and on...then 75 minutes later can't figure out why it isn't hot still. In the world of instant I am assuming at home they put a tiny splash of milk in and also microwave it when it gets cold. Not everyone has to drink espresso, there is nothing wrong with most alternative brewing methods. But you try and convince people of that...

I'm a huge fan of the heated handle trick as well. I burnt my hand! You wanted it hot...

Flow-Rider

Burner
They like to look at the coffee for a long long long long time while jabbering on and on and on...then 75 minutes later can't figure out why it isn't hot still. In the world of instant I am assuming at home they put a tiny splash of milk in and also microwave it when it gets cold. Not everyone has to drink espresso, there is nothing wrong with most alternative brewing methods. But you try and convince people of that...

I'm a huge fan of the heated handle trick as well. I burnt my hand! You wanted it hot...
Can you make me a Latte without the milk, thanks?