Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Microshift 10sp steel cassette (11-48T)?
I have nailed 12spd on 8 bikes. I don't like it but can't do much about it.

I change chains at 0.75mm but have smashed this cassette with the chain nowhere near 0.75... a fucked situation.

Usually I work out my own solutions but in this case, eebers must know something I don't.

Jabubu

let you google that for me

I change chains at 0.75mm but have smashed this cassette with the chain nowhere near 0.75... a fucked situation.

Usually I work out my own solutions but in this case, eebers must know something I don't.
Shimano do which is why they launched LinkGlide which is HG.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Got a Deore here off my Spur but not XD.
Is it Ibis hubs on the um Ibis?

Winners steel cassette?

moorey

call me Mia
Is it Ibis hubs on the um Ibis?

Winners steel cassette?

Guarantee that’s a drop send generic cassette….probably XTTO….I’ll be trying one.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Guarantee that’s a drop send generic cassette….probably XTTO….I’ll be trying one.
Looks that way but if it implodes more likely to get support from MTBD than Ali. Are you on 12spd now? Thought you had stocked piled 11spd?

safreek

100%. I reckon spurious and BS accusations of racism are deliberate and calculated to put people on the back foot, and let those dickheads making the accusations dictate the narrative/what's acceptable.
(I could have just said 'ditto'/what safreek said, but I wanted to use more words) :p
IMG_20230527_220758.gif

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

AU $74.56 38%OFF | Sunshine MTB XD Cassette 11S/12S Ultralight Rainbow Cassette CNC K7 Colorful ULT Mountain Bike XD Cassette for Shimano SRAM XD

I've got 760km on a Sunshine 11-46t, no experience with their XD cassettes though (probably made where ztto are made TBH)

Also did you mean 0.75% chain wear:eek:?

EDIT: I just did the maths, 0.5% wear works out to 0.762mm o_O

Who would've thunk it!

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Decided, going to take the E13 Helix off my Deviate and try it to eliminate the chain. I have a new 12spd SX and NX cassette here but they are HG, needing XD.

The problem with eebs is they work best at a certain RPM, too high and spin out, too low and its not efficient, maximising 25kph is centred on about 5 gears.

Any recommendations for a replacement cassette is very welcome.
I have a recommendation but you aren't going to like it. The X01 cassette is the way to go on a full powered ebike. I've been using the X01 cassette first on my Kenevo SL then transferred it to my Turbo Levo and it has heaps of life left after about 3000kms. I didn't even buy a chain checker until last week so maybe three chains in that entire time. Ebikes tend to shred GX stuff. Chains are the same...usually. I bought two X01 chains from bikeinn and they both snapped...copies? Usually the X01 outlast the GX chains by a significant margin.

I would not go near anything from that Winners brand if my experience with their chains is anything to go by. I've never experienced a chain with so much slop from new. One ride and it was removed. If anyone wants a rainbow coloured 12 sp Winners chain let me know. If it hasn't made the bin you can have it...maybe good for a commuter.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have a recommendation but you aren't going to like it. The X01 cassette is the way to go on a full powered ebike. I've been using the X01 cassette first on my Kenevo SL then transferred it to my Turbo Levo and it has heaps of life left after about 3000kms.
Was thinking this as an option. I have had X01 and XX1 and they are miles ahead of the next tier down, GX. They are good solid, crisp shifting and consistent groupsets... with their $600 cassettes :confused:

Its a shitty day here is SA, currently fitting the Slik decals to my forks/shock, new enduro casing tyre on the rear of my Deviate... then its investigation time as to why this cassette is destroyed at 500km.

I bought two X01 chains from bikeinn and they both snapped...copies? Usually the X01 outlast the GX chains by a significant margin.
Not good. Its shit that we are getting what should be genuine chains, casting a doubt of fakery due to longevity. Especially as X01 and XX1 chains are the longest lasting chain available.

Sram eagle Xo1 and XX1 chains have frankly amazing wear durability due to Srams HARDCHROME treatment. This is very different to the level of chrome treatment used on their 11spd road chains (PG1190 or PG1170). Srams 11spd road chains with whatever that chrome treatment is have just ok longevity. Hardchrome, from a wear longevity perspective, is all that and a bag of chips.

Srams GX and NX level chains do NOT have hardchrome, and have really very average (aka, poor) wear lifespan. Do not buy GX chain, make the step up to X01, the difference in price will be pay for itself about 50 times over.

However- since most people sadly buy GX level, and GX level chains are mostly OEM equipped, Sram is prioritizing production of GX / NX chains. As such x01 / xx1 level chains are now almost impossible to find. I have back ordered some ages ago, and am looking at late 2023 to receive them. Balls.

If you run eagle and you cannot get x01 / xx1 – think about the YBN SLA 12spd. Whilst nothing matches the wear longevity of x01 / xx1, it is still well up on GX, and it is a VERY FAST, VERY Smooth chain, it rocks on eagle drivetrains. Use a top lubricant and wear life is still very good. It is a much better option overall vs going GX.
fhdgfhdgfhdgfdgh.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Was thinking this as an option. I have had X01 and XX1 and they are miles ahead of the next tier down, GX. They are good solid, crisp shifting and consistent groupsets... with their $600 cassettes :confused:

Its a shitty day here is SA, currently fitting the Slik decals to my forks/shock, new enduro casing tyre on the rear of my Deviate... then its investigation time as to why this cassette is destroyed at 500km.

Not good. Its shit that we are getting what should be genuine chains, casting a doubt of fakery due to longevity. Especially as X01 and XX1 chains are the longest lasting chain available.

View attachment 399941
why would they include the 'speed rating - factory grease' ? seems an irrelevant metric, given that it's purely to stop the chain corroding in the warehouse and in transit, before it gets fitted to a bike.

smiffy

Likes Bikes
12sp for the kids, and one of my bikes (for race weekend compatibility mostly). Otherwise my fleet is 11sp while it’s still feasible and available. 12sp works well, I just find my 11 more reliable.
11/12sp I noticed on instagram BK from Drift bikes made this 11 speed from 12sp set up using a sunrace cassette minus the 51 cog, short cage xt derailleur and shifter. He showed (now deleted) a clip of it in action taking 6 seconds to go up and back down the range using shimano's double click up shift and four down shift, then compared to the asx which only goes one by one shift.