Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The decent termites guys have the infrared meter these days and a moisture detector, they can see in behind gyprock walls and tell if there's a minor water leak somewhere. The decent ones know where to look, I've had guys spend close to an hour looking in a 400m square home.
There are a few better ones for sure. The qualifications to be a pest inspector is pretty lame, a lot of shit ones about.

I had what I thought were 2 out of 3 good inspectors at my old place and they all failed to find existing damage and live activity, also subterranean termites live underground and travel to you house in mud tunnels, they will build a nest in your wall if they have a water source eg leaking roof, leaking aircon or water pipe. Usually living under a dripping tap or overflowing rainwater tank below the house so the moisture meter dose nothing in that case.

I had eliminated the live activity and fixed the damage in my old place, this new stuff popped up when I had moved out. Some Real Estate agents are absolute crooks.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
There are a few better ones for sure. The qualifications to be a pest inspector is pretty lame, a lot of shit ones about.

I had what I thought were 2 out of 3 good inspectors at my old place and they all failed to fins existing damage and live activity, also subterranean termites live underground and travel to you house in mud tunnels, they will build a nest in your wall if they have a water source eg leaking roof, leaking aircon or water pipe. Usually living under a dripping tap or overflowing rainwater tank below the house so the moisture meter dose nothing.

I had eliminated the live activity and fixed the damage in my old place, this new stuff popped up when I had moved out. Some Real Estate agents are absolute crooks.
If you find excess moisture in or on your walls or ceiling, there's something wrong, either a water leak that shouldn't be there or a termite nest. The high-end meters can even detect abnormal levels even in the bathroom. The guy I had, found high readings in my bathroom, I went into the roof and couldn't see anything, then climbed on the outside of the roof and found the old tenant's ice utensils still in the gutter plus a heap of mud, and the gutter would overflow into the house when it rained in that area.

I had initially typed that myself, then remembered at least 1, maybe 2 active burners are Real Estate agents... was politely trying to exclude them.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
How naive can ypu get. Red flags every where.

"Already have a 100k offer more". Well fucking sell it to them! It's the realestate agents job to get the best price. Why wouldn't they?

How do some people even tie their shoe laces in the morning?

Flow-Rider

Burner
How naive can ypu get. Red flags every where.

"Already have a 100k offer more". Well fucking sell it to them! It's the realestate agents job to get the best price. Why wouldn't they?

How do some people even tie their shoe laces in the morning?
People that haven't dealt with real estate agents on a regular basis have no idea, the house was probably cheap because everyone else knew it was fucked and the buyers would have thought they were special and getting the deal of a lifetime.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
People that haven't dealt with real estate agents on a regular basis have no idea, the house was probably cheap because everyone else knew it was fucked and the buyers would have thought they were special and getting the deal of a lifetime.
You don't have to deal with realestate agents to know when something sounds like bullshit. It wasn't their first home from how the article reads