Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I find your naivety disturbing.
Me too :)

They make up about 50% of the people I see riding bikes now.

They add to the dollars spent on bikes and rider numbers out on trails.

The statistics of who rides now has expanded from out and out semi fit MTB riders to people who had a $600 HT with 2 flat tyres and did 200km a year if lucky... to the same people now riding $10k+ bikes and doing 3000km a year. They are healthier, the bike shops are thriving, trail networks are busy and we are getting more trail on the ground because of the money spent on bikes and wide demographic riding them.

Its annoying to see a picture of 6-8 blokes on ebikes, soaked to the skin and mud to the eyeballs but its not going away and its been happening for years with people on regular bikes, albeit in smaller numbers.

It would be nice to see them out with a mattock fixing trails and I see it in Melrose, probably half the regular trail crew ride ebikes (they were regular riders at one stage).

I dont know how to fix it... education, explain about the damage to trails and bikes ? Dont know :rolleyes:

When I speak of 'they' I mean new riders who now ride more because of their electric bike.

ozzybmx

No… I wanna go home and feel like shit in my own bed.
I read that as you've shit in your own bed :confused:

My last bout a couple of weeks back, I didn't go positive till I was feeling better.

Then had 7 days of iso as a well man. Though the cough hung about for a 7-10 days. Only stopped a few days back.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It must not be much fun at all.

At least you can order room service and wear those white fluffy flip flops and bathrobe to make it worthwhile.
No room service - work doesn’t cough up for that good a hotel!! But at least work will pay for the hotel…

Kirsty is organising one of our friends here to bring me care packages. And maybe I’ll sneak out tomorrow night for some fresh air…

Apart from that,I have Netflix… Feeling pretty damn crappy now, maybe I’ll be better in coming days and will be able to work once I get my work laptop brought over from desk at work. I had a presentation to give to a Korean delegation I was looking forward to which is annoying…

Flow-Rider

Burner
Me too :)

They make up about 50% of the people I see riding bikes now.

They add to the dollars spent on bikes and rider numbers out on trails.

The statistics of who rides now has expanded from out and out semi fit MTB riders to people who had a $600 HT with 2 flat tyres and did 200km a year if lucky... to the same people now riding $10k+ bikes and doing 3000km a year. They are healthier, the bike shops are thriving, trail networks are busy and we are getting more trail on the ground because of the money spent on bikes and wide demographic riding them.

Its annoying to see a picture of 6-8 blokes on ebikes, soaked to the skin and mud to the eyeballs but its not going away and its been happening for years with people on regular bikes, albeit in smaller numbers.

It would be nice to see them out with a mattock fixing trails and I see it in Melrose, probably half the regular trail crew ride ebikes (they were regular riders at one stage).

I dont know how to fix it... education, explain about the damage to trails and bikes ? Dont know :rolleyes:

When I speak of 'they' I mean new riders who now ride more because of their electric bike.
The problem is that they'll never understand how hard it was to get the trails there in the first place, most of the new riders won't give a fuck even if you explain it to them. A lot of it is turning and biting people on the arse here because the councils are getting sick of all the trail damage.

ozzybmx

The problem is that they'll never understand how hard it was to get the trails there in the first place, most of the new riders won't give a fuck even if you explain it to them. A lot of it is turning and biting people on the arse here because the councils are getting sick of all the trail damage.
What do we do ?

They aren't going away.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
We do God's work.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
As much as I love a good ebike Lynch mob, I have to concede that it's an attitude problem and not strictly an ebike problem. Some of the loudest and dumbest people I've argued with about trail closures are not ebikers. The E definitely helps make riding more accessible to wankers, but it's not the thing that makes them a wanker.

Funny coincidence. I had the shits with wifey about this yesterday, because she knows better. Arranged a ride with her E buddies and when the weather said it was going to piss down she just shrugged her shoulders and went anyway. All of these ladies know the effort that goes into trail building, but somehow figured it's fine to go tear up someone else's local trails

I love the extra attention and funding and trail networks that we're getting from this influx of new riders, but it's making me a grumpy(er) old prick

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
What do we do ?

They aren't going away.
If nobody is going to fine them, probably not much other than publicly shaming them. I've been dealing with these fuckwits for a while, you tell them not to do stuff that could jeopardise the whole trail system and they go out of their way to do it like a scorned teenager, thinking they're some type of hero. It's shit but this is the mentality of these people, the bigger the riding population becomes the more you tend to see of them.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Maybe the approach is to ask (push) them to do more trail building. Their approach might change if it is their work getting hammered.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ d argue an opposite position .
I do my own ‘ good works’ on trails - yanno pick up sticks , poke some dirt around , clear when blocked , general maintenance .

Some how the local ‘ club ‘ did a trail day - Cool I thought , meet some like minded persons .

Hard Nope - I will say the ‘ opposition club which splitfrom these pinheads seems to have all the nice people in it

So , I’ ll continue in my own little world doing what I need to .

Haakon is now my spirit animal .

with an admission that dickheads are everywhere - not really bike mode dependent .

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I’ d argue an opposite position .
I do my own ‘ good works’ on trails - yanno pick up sticks , poke some dirt around , clear when blocked , general maintenance .

Some how the local ‘ club ‘ did a trail day - Cool I thought , meet some like minded persons .

Hard Nope - I will say the ‘ opposition club which splitfrom these pinheads seems to have all the nice people in it

So , I’ ll continue in my own little world doing what I need to .

Haakon is now my spirit animal .

with an admission that dickheads are everywhere - not really bike mode dependent .
I do this too. I'm part of a club, but my ideas don't get along with the main build force. It's all good, let them do their thing with machinery and crushed rock. I'll get out from time to time and clear a few drains, block a b line, pop a pipe under a trail, or fix up a berm that's gotten sad. It all helps the trails even though it's less noticeable and doesn't get Facebook posts

Flow-Rider

Burner
As much as I love a good ebike Lynch mob, I have to concede that it's an attitude problem and not strictly an ebike problem. Some of the loudest and dumbest people I've argued with about trail closures are not ebikers. The E definitely helps make riding more accessible to wankers, but it's not the thing that makes them a wanker.

Funny coincidence. I had the shits with wifey about this yesterday, because she knows better. Arranged a ride with her E buddies and when the weather said it was going to piss down she just shrugged her shoulders and went anyway. All of these ladies know the effort that goes into trail building, but somehow figured it's fine to go tear up someone else's local trails

I love the extra attention and funding and trail networks that we're getting from this influx of new riders, but it's making me a grumpy(er) old prick

It's certainly not limited to e-bikes but I've followed a few over the years and it seems easier for people on them to go off the designated trail rather than follow the easy path of the trail.

Have a look at this guy spin the back wheel up the last steep climb, besides riding wet trails, this trail was there for 10 years and now it's fucked with big ruts.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
It's certainly not limited to e-bikes but I've followed a few over the years and it seems easier for people on them to go off the designated trail rather than follow the easy path of the trail.

Have a look at this guy spin the back wheel up the last steep climb, besides riding wet trails, this trail was there for 10 years and now it's fucked with big ruts.

"just came out here to see how the trails were going, still pretty wet, probably give it another week"

lol

yeah, cant argue that. its definitely easier for them to make a mess than it is for meat powered bikes. less "feedback" too, in that they're probably not as in tune with just how much they're being helped along where they would have called it a day much earlier on a meat bike. i did however make an argument with a fellow builder a few weeks back that me on my meat bike weighs more and can put down more power and has skinnier tyres at higher pressure than wifey can on her pedal motorbike. I can tear up trails and rip out rocks and make new B lines if i'm that way inclined, i just have less capacity to do that over a long ride. And obviously choose not to.

Apart from that,I have Netflix… Feeling pretty damn crappy now, maybe I’ll be better in coming days and will be able to work once I get my work laptop brought over from desk at work. I had a presentation to give to a Korean delegation I was looking forward to which is annoying…
Hang on, this is starting to read like a Seinfeld episode Haakon, or should I say Mr Lippman ?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
"just came out here to see how the trails were going, still pretty wet, probably give it another week"

lol

yeah, cant argue that. its definitely easier for them to make a mess than it is for meat powered bikes. less "feedback" too, in that they're probably not as in tune with just how much they're being helped along where they would have called it a day much earlier on a meat bike. i did however make an argument with a fellow builder a few weeks back that me on my meat bike weighs more and can put down more power and has skinnier tyres at higher pressure than wifey can on her pedal motorbike. I can tear up trails and rip out rocks and make new B lines if i'm that way inclined, i just have less capacity to do that over a long ride. And obviously choose not to.
The guy is a fucking genius. Every story on the news about La Nina is talking about how all the catchments are full, making perfect flood conditions. So I wonder how my local trails are looking?

It's a combination of classic douche entitlement and being able to ride in conditions that are just shit.

They've just spent 12k on their e-bike, therefore must use it as much as possible, despite lack of skill or crappy conditions. Anyone who's done a track day and seen the douches in Ferraris losing their minds as they get passed by MX5s knows what I'm talking about.

Also riding in the mud is just shit. It's hard work, there's no grip, the wheel swallowing holes make accidents more likely etc. But if you have an extra 300w on tap, it masks some of the shittiness.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The guy is a fucking genius. Every story on the news about La Nina is talking about how all the catchments are full, making perfect flood conditions. So I wonder how my local trails are looking?

It's a combination of classic douche entitlement and being able to ride in conditions that are just shit.

They've just spent 12k on their e-bike, therefore must use it as much as possible, despite lack of skill or crappy conditions. Anyone who's done a track day and seen the douches in Ferraris losing their minds as they get passed by MX5s knows what I'm talking about.

Also riding in the mud is just shit. It's hard work, there's no grip, the wheel swallowing holes make accidents more likely etc. But if you have an extra 300w on tap, it masks some of the shittiness.

Same place but another dildo rider, this one bushbashes his own trails and does the big skids brah.