Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
An invitation to shoplift and do you own pricing for expensive items :)

It is odd that Aldi has no self serve checkouts and can beat the other two for most pricing.

It does suck though even if the local Coles staff here aren't very helpful.
Those self-serve machines drive me nuts.

Do you have your own bag?
Press 'Yes' but 'no' really because I only have 2 items.

Put your bag on the rack holder then start swiping items.
But I don't have a bag for 2 items you fool machine. :p

Sometimes they are slow to register the scan and I scan the items twice. Then the person doing the machine cop comes over and snatches the items from me and does a bit of wobbly and resets the machine like I'm a child being scolded.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's why I never shop at Coles, and Woolies aren't much better, so I avoid them too unless in an emergency.

Related LTIH, and another factor for my boycott of Woolies is their meat packaging is absolutely shit for a single person unless you want to eat the same thing for four days.
I have all but abandoned having fresh veggies in the house for much the same - I barely at at home and it sick of throwing out unused food. A few different bags of frozen veggies in the freezer and only buy meat when I am definitely going to eat it that night.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Aldis model is different. From what I notice during my Aldi shop the same staff member has to stock shelves, do checkout and accept deliveries in the dock. Other supermarkets have individual staff for each role.
The way Aldi staff throw your stuff through there is no way self-checkout is faster!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
An invitation to shoplift and do you own pricing for expensive items :)

It is odd that Aldi has no self serve checkouts and can beat the other two for most pricing.

It does suck though even if the local Coles staff here aren't very helpful.

Cameras on the checkouts.

Also here has self checkout.

Local Coles close their self check outs after about 7. Local wollies shuts their staffed checkouts about the same time.

Endless wtf! Local Coles closes most of their self checkouts with social distance + covid safety signs...but leave only checkouts clumped next to each other open.

I mean assisted checkouts.

Mean time their isles are clogged up with staff frantically socking shelves and being nongs or douche bags racing around for click and collect.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What sorcery is going on in Supermarkets these days, might have to go have a look at this craziness, don't reckon I've been food shopping in 15yrs or more.

Though I do call in to a little IGA on Hanson Road to buy a packet of Tim-Tams for nightshift occasionally.

Hanson Road is where all the ex ladies of the night hang out to score a 'bump up their pension' job when they are 20-30yrs past being ladies of the night, its a sight to behold... and cheap :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
What sorcery is going on in Supermarkets these days, might have to go have a look at this craziness, don't reckon I've been food shopping in 15yrs or more.

Though I do call in to a little IGA on Hanson Road to buy a packet of Tim-Tams for nightshift occasionally.

Hanson Road is where all the ex ladies of the night hang out to score a 'bump up their pension' job when they are 20-30yrs past being ladies of the night, its a sight to behold... and cheap :)
So the Tim Tam shop is a regular daily event? ;)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The way Aldi staff throw your stuff through there is no way self-checkout is faster!
A little bit of insider information - self checkout is coming to Aldi, currently in trials at a couple of sites

But totally agree that there's no way it'll be faster than Aldi staff, they're the evolutionary peak of checkout clerk and any speed gains from here would probably result in some form of unpredictable time travel or black hole formation

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cameras on the checkouts.

Also here has self checkout.

Local Coles close their self check outs after about 7. Local wollies shuts their staffed checkouts about the same time.
I may have told the kids that work at Coles that when I go stealing, I prefer to put said thefty goods down the front of my pants before heading to the checkout since i know for certain that no one will check there.

They just don't know what to do with that sort of self confession at the self service corral :D

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
But totally agree that there's no way it'll be faster than Aldi staff, they're the evolutionary peak of checkout clerk and any speed gains from here would probably result in some form of unpredictable time travel or black hole formation
I do feel sorry for the older undigitally fluent folks with credit cards and not into figuring out scanning goods.

It sure seems like that they are all slowly moving towards unstaffed supermarkets with lots of surveillance.
I'll bet the cost of losing a few 5 finger discount items must win over the cost of hiring people to operate a store.........Sigh............

cammas

Seamstress
I do feel sorry for the older undigitally fluent folks with credit cards and not into figuring out scanning goods.

It sure seems like that they are all slowly moving towards unstaffed supermarkets with lots of surveillance.
I'll bet the cost of losing a few 5 finger discount items must win over the cost of hiring people to operate a store.........Sigh............
The problem is the cost of theft is passed onto us the consumer, theft is at its highest level atm. According to the article below retail theft is up to 9 billion this year across the board, I heard Bunnings have been hit hard, which doesn’t surprise me when I hear stories of people loading up the Ute with stuff then driving out, our local one has a couple of big islander boys on the trade exit now.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/s...ry-bills/cb808e8d-0884-4772-99e9-095d8e31a220

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The problem is the cost of theft is passed onto us the consumer, theft is at its highest level atm. According to the article below retail theft is up to 9 billion this year across the board, I heard Bunnings have been hit hard, which doesn’t surprise me when I hear stories of people loading up the Ute with stuff then driving out, our local one has a couple of big islander boys on the trade exit now.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/s...ry-bills/cb808e8d-0884-4772-99e9-095d8e31a220
Doesn't surprised me at all plus the lure of an unattended supermarket checkout must be a huge temptation. All sorts of DIY payment and pickup sure leaves the door opened wider that it might have been earlier.

Oh wait and minute, with purely online sales then we don't have to worry about thieving customers either. How about we...... :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It was one of those that got me into paying with my phone.

Up until a year ago I was an eftpos and cash man only.

Most people are using a phone to pay and I was intending to get there at some stage.

I hold the door for an older man as he shuffles into the Melrose pub and orders a bottle of wine... then pays for using his watch :oops:

A week later I was using my phone to pay for everything.

Nothing like a 90yr old bloke to make you feel technologically dumb.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt

So we are all paying for it ?

Better start stealing so I get my fair share.

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - logged into work today in preparation for returning back on Thursday open emails close to 700 unread, so flick through them deleting the crap ones as I go, you know company updates the usual crap. Next thing I know, 2 or so hours have gone by and I cleaned up the inbox. Then with my new role that I just took prior to surgery I have to log into another portal to access that system with another email account, thankfully only 70 emails in there but by the time I logged into my brain was already fried, so left that for another day.
So now I’m sitting here feeling completely fried, I don’t know why people ignore the out of office, as there was a lot of the crap in there was not important. At least when I get back to work I can get straight back into it and only a two day week.