Little Things You Hate

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
People at work that cc everyone into everything... Drives me insane.

"oh but its good to make sure there is visibility" he says. FFS, if i want them to know anything ill tell them. In the meantime quit clogging my inbox with reams of shit I dont care about.

sigh. People are annoying.
The Japanese parent company I worked for loved sending emails to hundreds of recipients. This was against IT policy and yes IT was the worst offender. People from all over thw world would reply all with some useless piece of shit info. Pissed me off. When I left work for the last time IT sent through a missive about some shit or other and already 50 odd people had replied all saying will do or similar. I hit reply all with "UNSUBSCRIBE".

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

"oh but its good to make sure there is visibility" he says. FFS, if i want them to know anything ill tell them. In the meantime quit clogging my inbox with reams of shit I dont care about.

Worse are the stupid pricks that don't know how to reply without it being a reply all.

@Haakon

cammas

Seamstress

So I’ve been off for 3 weeks and not going back to next Thursday, I put an out of office on to stop the useless emails, looked at my work phone yesterday I had around 660 something unread emails with a week to go. I know some people are looping me in for some important stuff but I don’t care if some delivery is going to be 2 hours late and all the other useless crap I know is going to be in there.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
when you see your dream job that you would walk straight into....If it wasn't for those pesky people that you call your family getting in the way of you changing your whole way of life
Build rockets...fuck yeah!
Why wouldn't your family like to live on surfer's paradise? It has paradise in the name!!!

With the rockets...wouldn't they make fifo a fairly swift commute?

@Haakon would.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just went over to my local Coles. They've removed every single staffed checkout, and now only have self checkouts.

What the fuck is this bullshit?

The staff all looked stoked, I however was flabbergasted to see how happy people are to see their jobs become automated/obsolete.

I asked the bimbo at the checkouts why they'd done it, "Oh, it's so it's faster!".

Record prices, massive profits, and now you have to do your own checkout while Coles minimises their staff levels.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Record prices, massive profits, and now you have to do your own checkout while Coles minimises their staff levels.
That's why I never shop at Coles, and Woolies aren't much better, so I avoid them too unless in an emergency.

Related LTIH, and another factor for my boycott of Woolies is their meat packaging is absolutely shit for a single person unless you want to eat the same thing for four days.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just went over to my local Coles. They've removed every single staffed checkout, and now only have self checkouts.

The staff all looked stoked, I however was flabbergasted to see how happy people are to see their jobs become automated/obsolete.

I asked the bimbo at the checkouts why they'd done it, "Oh, it's so it's faster!".

I asked for demineralised water today at woolies and two of the staff sent me to the mineral water section, I tells ya, fckn zombies anyways.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

An invitation to shoplift and do you own pricing for expensive items :)

It is odd that Aldi has no self serve checkouts and can beat the other two for most pricing.

It does suck though even if the local Coles staff here aren't very helpful.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
An invitation to shoplift and do you own pricing for expensive items :)

It is odd that Aldi has no self serve checkouts and can beat the other two for most pricing.

It does suck though even if the local Coles staff here aren't very helpful.
Aldis model is different. From what I notice during my Aldi shop the same staff member has to stock shelves, do checkout and accept deliveries in the dock. Other supermarkets have individual staff for each role.

cammas

Seamstress
I rarely go to Coles and if I do I usually use the staffed ones, if I wanted to scan stuff I’d get a job there. I also don’t use their servos after I found out they use facial recognition on those pumps that play commercials, so it tailors the ad to your demographic.

Went to dinner the other week for my daughters birthday and the pub has a QR code on the table, you scan it and order your meal then pay for it then and there, my eldest boy is like what the fuck are waitresses for? As all they did was walk around and talk shit then collected plates when people finished, my son is like I’m here for a meal not to do their job!