Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
I drive a small Euro hatchback with a decent amount of go (sorry, not a Renault :) ) and I swear it enrages every large SUV and DC ute when I sprint off ahead of them.
You should try driving a Volvo for a while, you cop abuse for just driving :oops: but thanks to the 4.4lt Yamaha V8, I didn’t have to worry about many drivers a bit of squirt of the loud pedal and they would be a dot in the rear view mirror ;)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
This I sorta get... Its more to do with comfort/stress levels and little to do with deliberately annoying anyone. On such country roads you might be going slow for reasons such as unfamiliarity with the road, not feeling comfortable going the speed limit if its narrow, rough, dark etc etc. Overtaking lanes tend to be wide with good visibility though, so its usually an unconscience reaction to speed up as the comfort levels increase.

Its just humans being reactive and imperfect as per usual...
I'm talking the highway.....

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You should try driving a Volvo for a while, you cop abuse for just driving :oops: but thanks to the 4.4lt Yamaha V8, I didn’t have to worry about many drivers a bit of squirt of the loud pedal and they would be a dot in the rear view mirror ;)
Oh nice - that engine is a honey. Yamaha sure know their shit! I'd love a 90s Ford Taurus with the Yamaha "improved" V8 in it...

Flow-Rider

Burner
its head looks like its arse!...only you Harkkers
I don't think you would find a mechanic that didn't have any jokes about them, even a ford mechanic. I can remember ringing up ford and pricing a top radiator hose and it was $160 trade and nil stock in Australia, meanwhile a KB laser top hose was around $6 at that time.

Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
Oh nice - that engine is a honey. Yamaha sure know their shit! I'd love a 90s Ford Taurus with the Yamaha "improved" V8 in it...
A wolf in sheep’s clothing, so unassuming with 440nm of torque, zero to a hundred in under 8 seconds not bad for a 3 ton SUV. Only sold it as it was getting close to 300,000k’s on the clock but was still running sweet, the Mrs is still pissed I sold as she loved it.

Haakon

A wolf in sheep’s clothing, so unassuming with 440nm of torque, zero to a hundred in under 8 seconds not bad for a 3 ton SUV. Only sold it as it was getting close to 300,000k’s on the clock but was still running sweet, the Mrs is still pissed I sold as she loved it.
View attachment 391255

View attachment 391256
Oh, now I’m disappointed… They put that lovely thing in those abominations… Sigh.

It was better in the proper Volvos.

cammas

Seamstress
Oh, now I’m disappointed… They put that lovely thing in those abominations… Sigh.

It was better in the proper Volvos.
And thats what I loved about this, due to the hip replacement sports cars and even normal cars are pretty much out of the question as I cannot get down that low comfortable anymore. This thing had a comfortable ride height for me, handle well as the suspension set up was brilliant but not cheap (rear shocks were $2800 a pair :oops:) and certainly surprised quite a few people, embarrassed quite a few people too ;).

But fuck me did people have issues with it being a Volvo, now I didn’t flog it everywhere I went, you know like driving to and from work, when you’ve got the family in the car going for a day out. I had people swerve at me, tailgate me, I had one swing into the left lane then into a merge lane to get around a car I was overtaking but apparently not fast enough for him. The best was some bogans in a Ute that seemed to really not like the way I merged into the traffic with the ginger passenger hanging out the window yelling at me, as I took the next exit I blew him a kiss, well fuck did that set him off :D ah good times, geez I miss that car.

Haakon

And thats what I loved about this, due to the hip replacement sports cars and even normal cars are pretty much out of the question as I cannot get down that low comfortable anymore. This thing had a comfortable ride height for me, handle well as the suspension set up was brilliant but not cheap (rear shocks were $2800 a pair :oops:) and certainly surprised quite a few people, embarrassed quite a few people too ;).

But fuck me did people have issues with it being a Volvo, now I didn’t flog it everywhere I went, you know like driving to and from work, when you’ve got the family in the car going for a day out. I had people swerve at me, tailgate me, I had one swing into the left lane then into a merge lane to get around a car I was overtaking but apparently not fast enough for him. The best was some bogans in a Ute that seemed to really not like the way I merged into the traffic with the ginger passenger hanging out the window yelling at me, as I took the next exit I blew him a kiss, well fuck did that set him off :D ah good times, geez I miss that car.
Does anyone even register it as a Volvo? It’s just another bloated kiddie crusher in a sea of them…