Little Things You Hate

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately the same. My wife would say it's my bastard attitude as I age, but these not longer shock me as there have been too many with no will to change.
As was said elsewhere today, Texas is a state that has banned abortion to "save" lives but gives no fucks about mass shootings...
Yep, sad to say I'm not shocked either. But am a bit soft when it comes to 9 & 10 year old kids senselessly losing their lives.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The sheriff did mention in passing “ if we arm the teachers “ …….
The only pain point for this issue is money - Remington ‘ lost’ $102 million dollars via the Sandy Hook case - but it took a very long time .
‘ out of my cold dead hands’ , oh and ‘ Constitutional Rights’

Biden maybe the only president who could push harder on this .

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered a tool of an Ebay reseller. They sent the wrong tool and I asked for an exchange or a refund. Tool was $24. This was their response:

Dear friend,
I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused .
As you know shipping back really costs time and shipping fee, for the inconvenience caused , we would like to make the refund of 7AUD as a compensation, do you think is it ok?
Your kindly understanding will really do us a big favor. If you have a better idea, we can discuss further. We are open to your suggestions!
Looking forward to your kindly reply.
Regards,

I reponded that it wasn't good enough. Silence. Now for the fun and games of filing dispute with PayPal and Ebay.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The sheriff did mention in passing “ if we arm the teachers “ …….
The only pain point for this issue is money - Remington ‘ lost’ $102 million dollars via the Sandy Hook case - but it took a very long time .
‘ out of my cold dead hands’ , oh and ‘ Constitutional Rights’

Biden maybe the only president who could push harder on this .
Arm the kids too while they are at it, make it illegal to not be carrying a loaded gun and ensure that everyone shoots first to save lives.
If the NRA had their way this would be the norm.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Ordered a tool of an Ebay reseller. They sent the wrong tool and I asked for an exchange or a refund. Tool was $24. This was their response:

Dear friend,
As you know shipping back really costs time and shipping fee, for the inconvenience caused , we would like to make the refund of 7AUD as a compensation, do you think is it ok?
Your kindly understanding will really do us a big favor. If you have a better idea, we can discuss further. We are open to your suggestions!
Regards,

I reponded that it wasn't good enough. Silence. Now for the fun and games of filing dispute with PayPal and Ebay.
It's a pain in the arse to lodge a dispute, but given you were sent the wrong item, they should rule in your favour and issue a full refund. I'm sure you already know it, but attach a screenshot of the original listing/item ordered, a photo of the item you received and a screenshot of the seller's reply.

I'm undecided whether it's worse to receive an incorrect item or to have ordered an incorrect item! (in a moment of fuckwittery)

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Having spent some time in Texas and also having a good friend there, I can tell you, nothing is going to change. NOTHING!
Most Texans don't give a shit about the rest of America, let alone what anyone esle thinks.
They aren't called the 'lone star sate' for nothing.
It's another world down there.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Having spent some time in Texas and also having a good friend there, I can tell you, nothing is going to change. NOTHING!
Most Texans don't give a shit about the rest of America, let alone what anyone esle thinks.
They aren't called the 'lone star sate' for nothing.
It's another world down there.
Thats the thing about the US, it just isn't one country. You do better thinking of it like europe - lots of countries sorta mostly not really getting along under a single banner.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Dear friend,
Regards,

The postage is on them, not you. They'll have to resolve this with you not being out of pocket, whether this is you sending it back at their expense or them just refunding you the moneys is just something they have to weigh up. They live and die by their ratings, so losing a dispute (which they will lose) isn't in their best interests.

I'd follow up and ask how they'd like to go ahead with the return postage, and if you still get crickets go to eBay. They'll probably just refund you the full amount to save losing again on postage, but you've always got that fallback of lodging a dispute and having eBay pay postage and charge it to the seller. You have all the power as a buyer.

...this is why it sucks to sell on eBay, just don't do it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The postage is on them, not you. They'll have to resolve this with you not being out of pocket, whether this is you sending it back at their expense or them just refunding you the moneys is just something they have to weigh up. They live and die by their ratings, so losing a dispute (which they will lose) isn't in their best interests.

I'd follow up and ask how they'd like to go ahead with the return postage, and if you still get crickets go to eBay. They'll probably just refund you the full amount to save losing again on postage, but you've always got that fallback of lodging a dispute and having eBay pay postage and charge it to the seller. You have all the power as a buyer.

...this is why it sucks to sell on eBay, just don't do it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yes, I am aware of most of this stuff. The vendor has gone silent and Ebay sent a link fr a postage label. I will post tomorrow and Ebay will refund when it arrives back to the vendor.
I don't usually buy off Ebay. The tool was half the price on Ali Ex but was to take 6 weeks to arrive. Still took 5 weeks as the Ebay vendor, who is Chinese, probably had to get it from Ali first!.. When I get the money back I will work something else out.
I don't usually bother with ratings but...

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
But this massacre is not new there. Not nearly.
There have been 27 school shootings in the USA this year.
That’s just this year.
Sad
I was listening to the story on the radio and as they said "there has been 27 school shootings......." I immediately thought, oh yeah, in the past 10 years or so but they followed with "......this year!". I nearly drove off the road! How does any person think that is normal and acceptable. Gun violence must be so commonplace that they can't see it. :oops:

Thats the thing about the US, it just isn't one country. You do better thinking of it like europe - lots of countries sorta mostly not really getting along under a single banner.
The United States of America is the biggest oxymoron around. They are so far from united it's not funny and as you said, may as well be separate countries.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I was listening to the story on the radio and as they said "there has been 27 school shootings......." I immediately thought, oh yeah, in the past 10 years or so but they followed with "......this year!". I nearly drove off the road! How does any person think that is normal and acceptable. Gun violence must be so commonplace that they can't see it. :oops:

The United States of America is the biggest oxymoron around. They are so far from united it's not funny and as you said, may as well be separate countries.
They will tear themselves apart with civil war, which will only be exacerbated when martial law is imposed. At that point they will become a dictatorship. Will it be under Trump? Or some other nutty Republican?

Cleverly

Likes Bikes
They will tear themselves apart with civil war, which will only be exacerbated when martial law is imposed. At that point they will become a dictatorship. Will it be under Trump? Or some other nutty Republican?
For anyone having trouble what a martial law US looks like, you can always google pictures of Joe's Inauguration.