Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
SA passed it as law last year due to the swing in pricing here every week. Not sure how it is in other states but Tuesday was the cheapest day to buy fuel here historically. There is a fine for Servos not updating within 30 minutes.

Could be the difference of 10-15c from Tue to Fri.

I cant really say I ever look at the pricing as I fill up once a month but it would certainly make a big difference to some.

Might look next time though :D
Yeah, the same here with the 30 min to report, I just checked.

I'm wondering how many fucked diesels there's going to be, one servo down the road has been known to sell contaminated fuel, and it just happens so that it's the cheapest.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah, the same here with the 30 min to report, I just checked.

I'm wondering how many fucked diesels there's going to be, one servo down the road has been known to sell contaminated fuel, and it just happens so that it's the cheapest.
Since ~2005 I have only put BP Ultimate diesel in my vehicles, it gets a massive turnover so usually pretty fresh (for a fossil fuel)

I could probably count on both hands the number of times I have had to fill with an alternative brand in over 15yrs.

Missus on the other hand would put the cheapest one she could find in her car... she'd be on that cheap stuff quick smart :rolleyes:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Since ~2005 I have only put BP Ultimate diesel in my vehicles, it gets a massive turnover so usually pretty fresh (for a fossil fuel)

I could probably count on both hands the number of times I have had to fill with an alternative brand in over 15yrs.

Missus on the other hand would put the cheapest one she could find in her car... she'd be on that cheap stuff quick smart :rolleyes:
I use Flashlube diesel additive when I go away in the car and even take a spare fuel filter if it's remote bush for days.

ozzybmx

A mates grey nomad mate, towing a van with a v8 200 series reported $3.50lt in the NT. If true, ouch.
Looks like most states are in the 30minute reporting scheme. Out of all the states, the most expensive I can find is William Creek on the Oodnadatta track at $2.70 for regular diesel.

Yer mates-mate won't be going too far at that price, he'll be drinking 20L/100 with an average sized van.

moorey

call me Mia
Looks like most states are in the 30minute reporting scheme. Out of all the states, the most expensive I can find is William Creek on the Oodnadatta track at $2.70 for regular diesel.

Yer mates-mate won't be going too far at that price, he'll be drinking 20L/100 with an average sized van.
I suspect if true, was some little joint in the middle of nowhere that wouldn’t report prices. If indeed true.

cammas

Seamstress
Currently selling the car put it up on Gumtree, guy makes a reasonable offer I ask if he could come up a bit. He gets back to me later that night after I went to bed, I get caught up with working then reply mid morning accepting his offer then crickets……
In the meantime I get a call from a broker as part of Sutton motor group who actually makes a decent offer that’s acceptable as long as they deem the car okay. So go back to first guy saying I was giving him first option but still crickets.
Maybe I’m too nice probably, a little old school but I’ve given him a chance, so I will call the motor group and take them up on their offer. Now if it goes through you’ll hear me complaining about getting another car but from what I can see what I want is in stock but getting will be a different story.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Rona household this week. Kid comes home sneezing. Rat tests positive, everyone negative. PCR tests all kids positive, but wife and I neg.
Then I test positive last Friday evening. Ugh.
Iso till Saturday. Been a bit crook, but hopefully it's passed now.

At least we've had I now.

ozzybmx

I tried out the cassette in the AliExpress saga for a couple of rides and had jumping issues on the 2 smaller cogs, had a look between rides and couldn't see much.

After ride #2 it became clear.

The 'valley' on the inside of the teeth where the outer/inner plates would sit down into are basically non existent, I would say a bees-dick or 0.5mm at most.

So the side plates are grounded out on the inside and the rollers are not sitting down in between the teeth and therefor jumping on every pedal stroke on the bottom 2 cogs... the cassette is basically scrap.

Ali Saga- I ordered a 11-42t cassette at $137, the seller sent me a 11-40t valued at $75, AliExpress refunded me $28, so I paid ~$110 for a $75 cassette that I didnt want. Now with PayPal for a second decision, if no luck, then I will go to my CC for a complete refund.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I tried out the cassette in the AliExpress saga for a couple of rides and had jumping issues on the 2 smaller cogs, had a look between rides and couldn't see much.

After ride #2 it became clear.

The 'valley' on the inside of the teeth where the outer/inner plates would sit down into are basically non existent, I would say a bees-dick or 0.5mm at most.

So the side plates are grounded out on the inside and the rollers are not sitting down in between the teeth and therefor jumping on every pedal stroke on the bottom 2 cogs... the cassette is basically scrap.

Ali Saga- I ordered a 11-42t cassette at $137, the seller sent me a 11-40t valued at $75, AliExpress refunded me $28, so I paid ~$110 for a $75 cassette that I didnt want. Now with PayPal for a second decision, if no luck, then I will go to my CC for a complete refund.

View attachment 387277
Try another brand of chain on it. The 11t Shimano cogs are like that.

ozzybmx

Try another brand of chain on it. The 11t Shimano cogs are like that.
View attachment 387290
Its a Shimano chain on there, I also lined up a short piece of SRAM chain and it also slides about. Have KMCs here too and they dont look much different with the plate drop (only looked through the box)

There is basically a small ridge, nearly no valley whatsoever.

What a f%#ked up design for a really nice lightweight cassette.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
An ex colleague who made malicious complaints about me and eventually had to leave because her bullshit was called out was bloody hired back. Wtf? Now I have to work with her again… I can’t believe she had the front to even want to come back! I am not convinced I’m going to be able to get past the first hour without telling her to fuck the fuck off…

But new department head approved it who obviously wasn’t brought up to speed on this persons bullshit behaviour. Fucking ridiculous…

creaky

XMAS Plumper
An ex colleague who made malicious complaints about me and eventually had to leave because her bullshit was called out was bloody hired back. Wtf? Now I have to work with her again… I can’t believe she had the front to even want to come back! I am not convinced I’m going to be able to get past the first hour without telling her to fuck the fuck off…

But new department head approved it who obviously wasn’t brought up to speed on this persons bullshit behaviour. Fucking ridiculous…
I'd imagine you could be damn annoying if you chose to be.

Aren't you going to be working on a permanent remote basis in Taswegia anyway? Would that reduce the extent of contact with said staff member?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I'd imagine you could be damn annoying if you chose to be.

Aren't you going to be working on a permanent remote basis in Taswegia anyway? Would that reduce the extent of contact with said staff member?
No, these were actually malicious complaints. She’s a nasty bit of work… And sure, but I really don’t want to even be seeing her fucking name on things, and it really grates she has been rewarded for the stupid and damaging stunts she pulled.

If it was the private sector, she would have been fired very quickly. I don’t need to go into details, but suffice to say I was supported and she was shown the door.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

I could too if I only filled once a month.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Don't you work from home?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

But they haven't heard all about your recent ECU issues on the Renault(s)! Fill them in. Make sure to tell them every detail. Parameters, sensor value readings, dwell times, signal voltages, etc... Pretty sure they'll give you a wide berth after that!

(PS: Be careful with the term "flashing" unless you want to visit HR ;))

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
...it really grates she has been rewarded for the stupid and damaging stunts she pulled.

If it was the private sector, she would have been fired very quickly. I don’t need to go into details, but suffice to say I was supported and she was shown the door.
I admire your optimism.