Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Impact driver set on low makes quick work of 6 bolt rotors
It does but nowhere near the 5 second removal of a centrelock.

My dedicated centrelock lockring tool even has the rubber handle removed to sit flat against ~200mm rotors, might have to shave another 10mm if I ever go 220mm.

All the bikes we have bought/built in the last 3yrs are centrelock by choice.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

ozzybmx

To be honest, centrelock appeals to me - but as it is quite literally a no-Hope scenario currently, until that is resolved I’m a 6-bolt kinda guy.
Theory is sound. Hub options aren’t.
With the crap availability of Hope, then with that, the price rise. DT Swiss has taken top spot in my house, cheaper end caps and freehubs than other hubs, reliable and spares are relatively easily got, even in this shit mess.

The last ~5 sets of wheels I have built are all on DT (not including rim swaps)

Also got a bit of a growing collection of centlrelock rotors and lock rings.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
So, no to the 50,000ft/lb 2-1/2” drive then? What it the screws come lose? :eek:

To be honest, centrelock appeals to me - but as it is quite literally a no-Hope scenario currently, until that is resolved I’m a 6-bolt kinda guy.
They do roadie centre lock. So there may be Hope!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I like centrelock and the hubs I have had that supported it were good DT Swiss etc (I don't count Shimano as hubs, more aluminium ball races), current wheel sets use 6 bolt. Centrelock is better.

ozzybmx

They do roadie centre lock. So there may be Hope!
In 2-3 years, Hope has increased by over 50%.

A front was $90 and the rear was around $230 about 3 years ago.

Nearly $400 for a rear hope hub :oops: and $160 for the front.

You can buy a DT350 right now from R2 for 119euros ($189au)

shiny

In 2-3 years, Hope has increased by over 50%.

A front was $90 and the rear was around $230 about 3 years ago.

Nearly $400 for a rear hope hub :oops: and $160 for the front.

You can buy a DT350 right now from R2 for 119euros ($189au)

$311 rear $120 front from Merlin. Still good value compared to boutique brands. I really like Hope hubs. Roll for ever, POE is decent, easy to work on and parts easy to come by (if your ok shipping from UK). Also colours. Lots of colours. :p

ozzybmx

$311 rear $120 front from Merlin. Still good value compared to boutique brands. I really like Hope hubs. Roll for ever, POE is decent, easy to work on and parts easy to come by (if your ok shipping from UK). Also colours. Lots of colours. :p
They were my go-to brand for years, still got 3 sets of Hope brakes and 4 sets of wheels running on Hope hubs, never had to look at the hubs for maintenance either.

Another thing that was giving me the shits with Hope lately was none of their hubs were coming with microspline from factory, you get to buy a hub for $315 then buy the microspline freehub for an additional $120.

Reckon the blokes from Barnoldswick have been talking to Mr King ;)

shiny

They were my go-to brand for years, still got 3 sets of Hope brakes and 4 sets of wheels running on Hope hubs, never had to look at the hubs for maintenance either.

Another thing that was giving me the shits with Hope lately was none of their hubs were coming with microspline from factory, you get to buy a hub for $315 then buy the microspline freehub for an additional $120.

Reckon the blokes from Barnoldswick have been talking to Mr King ;)
Would they chat over a cuppa tea or a whisky?

https://r2-bike.com/HOPE-Rear-Hub-Pro-4-12x148-mm-Boost-Freehub-Body-Shimano-Micro-Spline

;) Agree though not as easy to come by as they should be. Not sure why the big players CRC, Wiggle, Merlin don't have the option. It’s a bit odd.

ozzybmx

Easy come by :D... about 18 months ago, R2 bike did apparently have 1 rear hub available in gold with microspline.

Since then, every 32h microspline Hope hub from R2 has been...