Little Things You Hate

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Need a boat currently, no flooding where you are @Cardy George ?
Nearly breaking my arm off saved us from having to drive in to a massive downpour last week. Having said that, Mildura copped a flogging with 75mm in 3 hours, but we're 15km south and only had 25mm. Plenty of townie friends had their houses flooded to some extent, but our house is on the highest point of our block so nothing happened to us. Plenty of new temporary lakes just out of town though.

moorey

call me Mia
Nearly breaking my arm off saved us from having to drive in to a massive downpour last week. Having said that, Mildura copped a flogging with 75mm in 3 hours, but we're 15km south and only had 25mm. Plenty of townie friends had their houses flooded to some extent, but our house is on the highest point of our block so nothing happened to us. Plenty of new temporary lakes just out of town though.
We had around 70mm also...in barely an hour. Similar story with lots of local houses flooded. My office is opening again today after 4 days close for mopping up.
Tracks are already dry and skatey :(

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Since January 1 2022 I have taken more than one gondola ride above Thredbo and driven past Ourimbah (more than once), Awaba (ditto), Kincumba, Kiwarrak (twice), Stromlo, H2O, Hornsby and Huey only knows how many of random acts of trail...no bike, no opportunity, nothing. Good times were had but no pedalling...not one revolution. I hope 2022 improves.

cammas

Seamstress
I couldn’t care if they screwed up the grass as it recovers reasonably quickly but having snapped the magnolia at the base of the main stem on one of them has really pissed me off, considering they were part of my Xmas gifts to Mrs Cammas as she loves the garden not gardening but that’s a different thread.

We now have to send photos of the damage to guy that we rang this morning, if the damage was accidental I probably wouldnt be as angry, but they didn’t give a shit especially the guy driving the truck who was reeling out the hose, that fucker was bitching and moaning soon as he thought I couldn’t hear him but not a word when I was outside.
View attachment 385653
Let’s see what happens with photos and their response, if I had done the fence the other week it may not have happened as they would’ve had to send the hose on a different route. I decided to wait until I finished the other side of the garden first and do it in one hit, so I didn’t have to get different Timbers etc to ensure everything matched.
We had a knock at the front door at 7:30 this morning and when I open it was two of the four blokes who damaged the plants with two new magnolias replace the ones they damaged. They were sent by their boss to apologise and he made them deliver the plants, as I cooled off a bit since last week, I was able to have a rational conversation and as I pointed to them we just finished the garden making sure they had enough room to access the area and there was no need to do what they did. He conceded that and apologised, the other bloke just stood there with his sunnies on, but I will take the small victory and it holds them accountable to ensure they don’t do it to someone else.
Now I have wait for a couple of cooler days so I can plant them in place of the others, which I will I try and rescue.

Jpez

Down on the left!
We had a knock at the front door at 7:30 this morning and when I open it was two of the four blokes who damaged the plants with two new magnolias replace the ones they damaged. They were sent by their boss to apologise and he made them deliver the plants, as I cooled off a bit since last week, I was able to have a rational conversation and as I pointed to them we just finished the garden making sure they had enough room to access the area and there was no need to do what they did. He conceded that and apologised, the other bloke just stood there with his sunnies on, but I will take the small victory and it holds them accountable to ensure they don’t do it to someone else.
Now I have wait for a couple of cooler days so I can plant them in place of the others, which I will I try and rescue. View attachment 385989
Nice! Those blokes might well have been standing on your porch just to save their jobs but kudos to the boss for taking it seriously and doing something about it. Usually all you get is a half assed apology so this is a big win in my book and experience as a tradie that tries real hard to not piss people and neighbors off when I’m on jobs.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Online businesses that charge for card payments. Fuck those businesses.
The merchant fees have drastically declined over the years though.

Square now charges a flat 2.2% merchant fee for accepting credit cards when running an online webstore, 1.6% for onsite tap or pin, card present, their reader.

A decade ago the big 4 banks wanted 6-8% for online stores.

After pay fees via square are only 6.6%. BNPL. Happy days.

With fuel set to punch through 2 bucks a litre, driving to the store is looking more and more expensive now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Unlike the others that just hide it in the item charge?
Yes I would prefer they just factored it into their pricing.

An easy example here was my recent purchase of flights to/from Canada with Qantas. I purchased through their website, the only way one can deal directly with Qantas for purchasing tickets as far as I know, and they still want to sting me to pay via my card? It just comes off as petty...it's not like they are a small business trying to leverage me into paying them in cash. They did offer for me to use BPay without a fee, but that was delivering me an error message rather than the codes I would have needed to make the transfer.

moorey

call me Mia
Yes I would prefer they just factored it into their pricing.

An easy example here was my recent purchase of flights to/from Canada with Qantas. I purchased through their website, the only way one can deal directly with Qantas for purchasing tickets as far as I know, and they still want to sting me to pay via my card? It just comes off as petty...it's not like they are a small business trying to leverage me into paying them in cash. They did offer for me to use BPay without a fee, but that was delivering me an error message rather than the codes I would have needed to make the transfer.
TLDR. I'd rather they trick me than be up front.