Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
I am that neighbour! Or was when I had grass. I've got about zero fucks for lawn maintenance, and spent my time doing things that interest me. One of my old neighbours clearly cared more about lawn than living so he used to mow the front for me. Imagine such vanity!
Of course, you're a Sasquatch and need tall bush to hide in. :D

Not frequently mowing the grass in QLD only makes it harder, when you do need to mow. The weeds grow through the grass, then grow twice as quick as the normal grass, not to mention that you could stand on a brown snake here while hanging the clothes on the line.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I paid a fellow I fish with to mow the yard once or twice a year. One time he comes in and tells me I've either got a snake or a big rat because he just saw a tail slithering in the shoulder deep grass he as smashing up that scared shit out of him...I had a rabbit (for overly complex reasons) at the time and suggested I wouldn't be able to own a rabbit and a free range snake, so stop being scared of the rat!

A summer or so later a rat died under the house a few days before I flew out to Japan. Holy fuckin hell!!! The smell was fucked up. I offered him a chunk of cash to crawl under the house and get it but he was "busy". When I got home from Japan I was expecting the house to have an odour. I guess once the rat rotted away enough there was nothing to make the smell ad it didn't get baked into the house.

cammas

Seamstress
I couldn’t care if they screwed up the grass as it recovers reasonably quickly but having snapped the magnolia at the base of the main stem on one of them has really pissed me off, considering they were part of my Xmas gifts to Mrs Cammas as she loves the garden not gardening but that’s a different thread.

We now have to send photos of the damage to guy that we rang this morning, if the damage was accidental I probably wouldnt be as angry, but they didn’t give a shit especially the guy driving the truck who was reeling out the hose, that fucker was bitching and moaning soon as he thought I couldn’t hear him but not a word when I was outside.

Let’s see what happens with photos and their response, if I had done the fence the other week it may not have happened as they would’ve had to send the hose on a different route. I decided to wait until I finished the other side of the garden first and do it in one hit, so I didn’t have to get different Timbers etc to ensure everything matched.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fkn wankers, some people have little respect these days.

It's like my neighbour when I mow our lawn. I usually do both footpaths because they just let it grow to half a meter, he sees me mowing and pulls up in the driveway and tells me that he was going to do that. Yeah, right, I've mowed 3 times to his once and I bet he won't mow until the real estate get onto him.
I do my neighbours only because id feel like a wanker working out where the line is and only doing half... Feels like less effort to just push the mower to the end.
Our place is one of four properties carved out of a 25 acre horse paddock/farm. There is a 200mx25m easement to access the back two blocks. The title is a bit complex with the back two sharing ownership but all four have access and contribute to upkeep. Nice theory.
When I mow I do the lot less trees and driveway. My neighbour who owns the easement too has no mower and gets a contractor to do around their house so no assistance there. One neighbour uses the original farm access from the road and has no driveway off the easement, the other neighbour mows occasionally but just their side and because they have a baby zero turn that is lucky to be the edge of the drive. Never have they done the other side, even the edge on the drive. Then it comes to maintenance. I have done all the upkeep including replacing a section undermined by poor drainage. Fixed the edges and hollows in the top wear layer. All the others drive through or round and don't care. Weirdly we are the only ones with 4wds, they bounce cars in and over until I fix it. Recently that front neighbour has been doing aroma therapy crystal healing essential oil massages. Clients park wherever and drive off the road. Sections are breaking away, guess who isn't fixing that shit?