Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Fancy dress birthday parties.
Got invited to a 30th, had a rant about having to dress up and everybody who’s into that can fuck off……..

Turns out it’s 90’s themed. I don’t have change anything about how I dress. Ffs.
So now I’m gonna have a bunch of arshats running around in flanno’s and jeans with wigs all saying they’re eddie vedder, paying out on how I normally look. Fml.

At least booze is catered.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Selling a perfectly good fork and then finding out 4 days later that one of my other perfectly good fork now has worn/sloppy bushings so instead of having a back up fork to put on I have a bike with no forks :mad:

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fancy dress birthday parties.
Got invited to a 30th, had a rant about having to dress up and everybody who’s into that can fuck off……..

Turns out it’s 90’s themed. I don’t have change anything about how I dress. Ffs.
So now I’m gonna have a bunch of arshats running around in flanno’s and jeans with wigs all saying they’re eddie vedder, paying out on how I normally look. Fml.

At least booze is catered.
I know that feeling. A while back we had an 80s metal theme at work for a week or so.

"Hey poodle can you sort the music?"

Yes...but I'll cry a little on the inside.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Slayer's Reign in Blood was 80's - still gets a regular play here

And you can bet your sweet pony's arse that it was thrown in with a lot of other great and some shit 80s tunes to fill the venue that week, but it was mostly hair metal. I copped grief for not dressing up...but then I copped friend because how I normally dress turns out to fit the itinerary. I looked like the lost member of anthrax. I also copped a fair bit of you listen to this shit? You'll have to ask my neighbours...

Everyone immediately seemed to assume it was going to be all Van Halen and Bon Jovi.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
And you can bet your sweet pony's arse that it was thrown in with a lot of other great and some shit 80s tunes to fill the venue that week, but it was mostly hair metal. I copped grief for not dressing up...but then I copped friend because how I normally dress turns out to fit the itinerary. I looked like the lost member of anthrax. I also copped a fair bit of you listen to this shit? You'll have to ask my neighbours...

Everyone immediately seemed to assume it was going to be all Van Halen and Bon Jovi.
Every Friday is "Metal Friday" in my workshop.

Old mate who only works Monday-Thursday always has 3AW on, so I use my Bluetooth earphones.

But when Friday rolls around out comes the Bluetooth speaker and a whole range of metal from the 70's (office people don't mind it) to modern metal that generally keeps them all in their office

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
In my mind, you are trying to use chainring bolts that’s are too long…
Nah, right size, swapping out an old for new. It's the backing/female side of the bolt that's a silly design - you either have to have a tool (which I'm guessing doesn't make things much easier as the recess where the tool grabs is shallow and narrow) that can't be used for any other purpose, or you have to make do with a large flathead screwdriver.

Just make each size with a differing hex key head, FFS?!

moorey

call me Mia
Just make each size with a differing hex key head, FFS?!
It can’t work with a hex or torx on back. You’d be working with the male both sides. The slots are in the female.
What crank/ring combo are you working on? Assuming not on the Hyrax? Most decent newer cranks have dropped those types of bolts.

moorey

call me Mia
These are available.
They are indeed, but I’m probably wrongly assuming again that Johnny is trying to remove.

I’ve only ever really had issues with the old slotted style when they are a bees dick too long, and they bottom out/bind before the ring is fully nipped up…..But Johnny say they aren’t…but it sounds like the sort of thing that causes the issue.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
It can’t work with a hex or torx on back. You’d be working with the male both sides. The slots are in the female.
What crank/ring combo are you working on? Assuming not on the Hyrax? Most decent newer cranks have dropped those types of bolts.
SRAM do them

So much easier than the stupid slotted POS bolts, with their equally POS tool that usually slips off and causes a person to smack their knuckles on the chainring.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
They are indeed, but I’m probably wrongly assuming again that Johnny is trying to remove.

I’ve only ever really had issues with the old slotted style when they are a bees dick too long, and they bottom out/bind before the ring is fully nipped up…..But Johnny say they aren’t…but it sounds like the sort of thing that causes the issue.
And another thing! Why they have so many different sizes?!

Oh that's right. Bike industry. As you were.