Little Things You Hate

Jpez

Down on the left!
Or you can lodge a complaint online, as well as ring them up (& make sure you quote the case #).
Hating Auspost in silence does nothing. Everyone hates Auspost that way.
It’s mostly pointless. It’ll get here when it gets here. Me giving them a hard time doesn’t seem to make it come any faster in my experience. This is just the new normal at the moment unfortunately.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The difference I noted…albeit in a very brief timeframe…was that in Belfast, if you were minding your own business and not doing anything wrong, you were unlikely/unlucky to have issues.
Glasgow was random drunken violence aimed at whoever was in eyesight.
True, there's a bit of a 'don't f@#k with people you don't know' culture in Belfast. If someone hasn't opened their mouth and shown their cards, leave them alone as you don't know who they are or who they know.
Glasgow never had that filter... though spent many a weekend there and never had an issue.

Minlak

custom titis
Same as everyone else’s pet LTIH. OZ post.
Bought an airspring from Cyclinic and they send it out the next morning express post on the 5th October. Good fellas.
2 days later the tracking shows it’s in the Black hole of Sunshine sorting facility. Ironic name that. And there it’s sat. Still.
Annoying thing is I’ve ridden past the bloody place about 3 times in that period and sat there staring at all the Oz post vans parked there thinking “Gimme my fucking package you cunts.”
I have less of an issue with the longer postage times than I have with the complete disregard for what has been procedure for so long - ok Takes too long to get a package but at least we all know where it is. Currently they are just going missing and randomly showing up at some stage.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It’s mostly pointless. It’ll get here when it gets here. Me giving them a hard time doesn’t seem to make it come any faster in my experience. This is just the new normal at the moment unfortunately.
No, not pointless. I have had things go awol, ping-pong between states, and my favourite was a package with status -delivered- to the suburb next door, FFS. All resolved by lodging complaints, and following up.
Don't yell at them, they will just hang up, or treat it as a non-urgent matter, but if you keep your cool, and civilly work through it with them, they can usually track down the problem and resolve it. maybe that's just my experience, YMMV.

Jpez

Down on the left!
No, not pointless. I have had things go awol, ping-pong between states, and my favourite was a package with status -delivered- to the suburb next door, FFS. All resolved by lodging complaints, and following up.
Don't yell at them, they will just hang up, or treat it as a non-urgent matter, but if you keep your cool, and civilly work through it with them, they can usually track down the problem and resolve it. maybe that's just my experience, YMMV.
Yeah sure. I don’t disagree with you for parcels that are legitimately lost or seriously running late. And I’ve made a couple phone calls myself lately and been pleasantly surprised by pretty decent CS considering they must be getting smashed with complaints and calls but 2 week express post is normal atm. Theres nothing that call center operator can do about it. There’s nothing I can do except wait like every one else. And whinge to you mob. But yeah. Like you said. YMMV

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have less of an issue with the longer postage times than I have with the complete disregard for what has been procedure for so long - ok Takes too long to get a package but at least we all know where it is. Currently they are just going missing and randomly showing up at some stage.
Agreed. My new frame landed into Sydney on the 8th, was marked as "awaiting clearance", this afternoon it pops up at the local distro centre (in Melbourne's Western 'burbs) - "Item processed at facility".

It's not seeing the "accepted through customs", "processed through interstate distribution centre", "in transit interstate", or "arrived at distribution centre" (for example) that leaves me nervous. It's generally that lack of transparency AusPost could do with addressing to improve consumer confidence in the process IMO.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

moorey

call me Mia
Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The claims of causing hyperactivity and attention deficit in kids is completely shite AFAIK.
It can potentially be harmful in carcinogenic in large amount…like anything. The poison is in the dose.
The US bans this…but many states let you buy a gun without a background check and you can open carry.
Also, kinder eggs.
Forgot they banned Kinder eggs. Crazy corn syrup loving country!!

Also the way the article reads he bakes the sprinkles. Always thought icing and sprinkles added after baking.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
$1.97 for 95 fuel last night. price gouging as people are allowed to move again?
No great shock, I filled the car last weekend @ $1.59ish? expecting this, and we have had a long weekend booked for the 29-2nd it'll drop and rise again in two weeks once regional travel reopens- price gouging pricks.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The claims of causing hyperactivity and attention deficit in kids is completely shite AFAIK.
It can potentially be harmful or carcinogenic in large amount…like anything. The poison is in the dose.
The US bans this…but many states let you buy a gun without a background check and you can open carry.
Also, kinder eggs.

...and how many American widgets with carbon in them come with a sticker warning you that in the state of California it is known to cause cancer?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Crissy eve 2017, we stopped at Franklin in the Huon Valley.
There was a big Christmas fair on and loads of stalls selling stuff. I bought 2 x 4 packs of cider off a bloke, the brand was Simple Cider and the flavours I got were ginger and orange.
Drank one while waiting on the missus buying shit, just finished it and noticed there was bit of kick to these... had to get her to drive back to Hobart so I could drink some more as they were 7.5%. Not convinced on orange or ginger being in cider though.
Simple Cider Cox's Orange Pippin. Best dry cider going. Red Sails is also recommended and if you like something different Red Brick Rd's hopped cider is tremendous

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Simple Cider Cox's Orange Pippin. Best dry cider going. Red Sails is also recommended and if you like something different Red Brick Rd's hopped cider is tremendous
Would like to be back at the chrissy fair now slugging that orange pippin.