Little Things You Hate

Rusty_68

Likes Dirt
I lived for 3 months beside the Amaugh Rd in Belfast. The locals scared me less than my fundy cousins here in aus ;)
[/QUOTE]
Being a fan of Orange bikes, I assume you are aware of 'The Orange Order' of Northern Ireland...I've spent some time in Belfast myself and these are some scary hard Motherf@&kers.

If you were to actually live "just off Armagh road", you were actually closer to Dundalk than you were Belfast. If you'd ever been to Belfast...and decided to charm the natives with your devastating wit, your kneecaps may well have been introduced to the wrong end of a shotgun.

Your fundy cousins must be some crazy arsed headbangers!

Attachments

Minlak

Lockdowns have cut into the blowing hobo market
Selling my E-Bike on FaceBook - First time I have had to deal with crazies :( - Sigh - Messages with no questions at all just offers of lower prices then no replies to follow up - People show interest and then get shitty when I explain freight will be $200

moorey

For a good time call 1194
Being a fan of Orange bikes, I assume you are aware of 'The Orange Order' of Northern Ireland...I've spent some time in Belfast myself and these are some scary hard Motherf@&kers.

If you were to actually live "just off Armagh road", you were actually closer to Dundalk than you were Belfast. If you'd ever been to Belfast...and decided to charm the natives with your devastating wit, your kneecaps may well have been introduced to the wrong end of a shotgun.

Your fundy cousins must be some crazy arsed headbangers!
No, I’m just an idiot, as I said. It was the Omaugh Rd, like Ozzy suggested. It was 97/98, past the worse of the troubles, but plenty still going on. A bombing just near the nursing home I worked at, a kneecapping a few doors down from our house where the person was left to die roped to a post.
We drove a British registered van but made it clear we were Australian whenever possible. Never felt unsafe for a second.
Glasgow, on the other hand. Lived there for a few months also. Couple of attempted car jacking. Threatened on the streets frequently. I’d read most of Irvine Welsh’s stuff before going. I thought it was hyperbole. Nope.

My cousins are still less fun to be around.

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken
Late video meeting with Europe, midnight to 2am. That’s all fine, was just getting to sleep at 3 when some fuckhead in the street decided it’s time for a dance party. YouTube and headphones I guess it is for the night…

Rusty_68

Likes Dirt
No, I’m just an idiot, as I said. It was the Omaugh Rd, like Ozzy suggested. It was 97/98, past the worse of the troubles, but plenty still going on. A bombing just near the nursing home I worked at, a kneecapping a few doors down from our house where the person was left to die roped to a post.
We drove a British registered van but made it clear we were Australian whenever possible. Never felt unsafe for a second.
Glasgow, on the other hand. Lived there for a few months also. Couple of attempted car jacking. Threatened on the streets frequently. I’d read most of Irvine Welsh’s stuff before going. I thought it was hyperbole. Nope.

My cousins are still less fun to be around.
Belfast and Glasgow. Two of the UK's shining examples of living with poverty and religious violence. A few months in either of those cities will put hairs on your chest for sure. Brave man!

Last edited:

moorey

For a good time call 1194
Belfast and Glasgow. Two of the UK's shining examples of living with poverty and religious violence. A few months in either of those cities will put hairs on your chest for sure. Brave man!
The difference I noted…albeit in a very brief timeframe…was that in Belfast, if you were minding your own business and not doing anything wrong, you were unlikely/unlucky to have issues.
Glasgow was random drunken violence aimed at whoever was in eyesight.
Hardly a scientific study though. I loved both. Glasgow was on my must see list for Mackintosh architecture, and didn’t disappoint.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Messages with no questions at all just offers of lower prices
triggers PTSD I swear flogs just virtually run around every for sale post shitting out offensively low offers just to see if they can get anything to flip.
Are the swaps still a thing or that's just a Gumtree crowd favourite?
Still a thing. I got a number of creative offers including a fully sik gaming PC, custom Giant Yukon (what) and a mysterious placeholder for a PS5 order..

Minlak

Lockdowns have cut into the blowing hobo market
$1.97 for 95 fuel last night. price gouging as people are allowed to move again?
Yesterday was the first time ever a tank of Diesel cost me over $100 - I usually put about 60l in everytime I fill up so was about the same as usual