Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Don't look at the engines then lol! 3.3 v6 twin turbo Diesel.
They have squeezed another 20kW and 50Nm out of that 3.3 engine than what the 4.5L TT in the 200 had.

A brand new engine too, longevity and reliability unknown.

Rumours are the Toyota Tundra may make it over here in RHD. I would seriously think about a Ute then.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They have squeezed another 20kW and 50Nm out of that 3.3 engine that what the 4.5L TT in the 200 had.
I've heard that a couple of times now, I keep wondering where in the rev range this extra power is made - typically more power from a smaller capacity means power at higher RPM, which is not neccessarily ideal on a towing/off-road focused vehicle. Also can't help but wonder if the vehicle is a similar percentage more heavy than the previous version too as so often seems to be the case...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Haha, I can hear all the old codgers already - "Real men don't have pink coolant in their cars..."
The amount of coolant in there is a bit of a worry.

They have squeezed another 20kW and 50Nm out of that 3.3 engine than what the 4.5L TT in the 200 had.

A brand new engine too, longevity and reliability unknown.

Rumours are the Toyota Tundra may make it over here in RHD. I would seriously think about a Ute then.
Twin in-board turbos didn't work too well for BMW, I can see problems already with heat a few years down the track, just look at all the rubber hoses and plastic near the turbos. Just as well as the latte sipping townies will buy them first:p.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I don't mind them, the more I look at them, the more I like them.
Bigger tray, room for actual people in the back... would seriously consider one if they came here.

View attachment 381605
Can't see it. I could make a case for the Tacoma as that's bigger while still not qualifying for its postcode. But the Tundra is just stupid. There's a couple of equivalent sized private import Rams and Silverados around my way and they're hopeless, have to tiptoe around corners and need two car parks to fit anywhere. Plus all the lower lips and stuff they have (presumably to improve their airflow and subsequent woeful fuel economy) mean their approach angles are shit too. Just unnecessary.

Edit: k I'll be good now.

moorey

call me Mia
2022 TRD... who buys a green workmate ?
I see virtually zero practical use for that as an actual working ute.......but then, the F150 is the biggest selling vehicle in the US by miles....so my argument is irrelevant.
Could you even fit a proper bar to the front of that?