Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How long till you cave and let him ride one of your bikes?
He has negotiated the Nukeproof HT for tomorrow.

Highlander or Spur, no way !

He shouted "dad go high" on a really steep corner on a trail called Twisted Gum today, then crashed at the bottom :p

Was complaining of a stinging elbow cut as I slugged back an 8% Black IPA at the Suburban Brewhouse 30 minutes later.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yes thats the second, this one is only 5 months old.

Snapchatting his mates with the crack pic, they are all 15yr old industry gurus, that know everything and reckon Canyon will not give him a 3rd Alu frame... but give him a Carbon frame this time :p

Im like...

View attachment 380740
Is it still in the original warranty period?
I would start planning for a new frame/ brand if he cracks it a third time inside 12 months...

ozzybmx

Is it still in the original warranty period?
I would start planning for a new frame/ brand if he cracks it a third time inside 12 months...
It is inside the warranty period as he got the original bike in Feb 2020 and replacement in April 2021 but if they replace it this time, we may think about moving it on.

Needs a Norco Sight or something unbreakable.

ozzybmx

@bear the bear definitely inside the 2yr... wouldnt like to be relying on the extended but its on a weld so who knows.

They have been good so far.

Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH: buy a new cassette and after fitting it I noticed excessive play in the hub, going up to 46t seems to have exaggerated any play that was there and I just can’t get gears right (maybe that’s just me). Anyhow I pull the hub down to check out the bearings, the free hub ones were sounding a little gritty but nothing like what I found when I get apart :oops:
Looks like a trip to the bearing shop tomorrow, luckily it’s at the end of my street and I’ll do axle/hub ones whilst it’s apart. Nothing like trying to get a bearing race out when there is nothing left.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Is 6 year warranty a bit of a cop out on a Frame anyway?....Both of my trail bikes have lifetime on the frame, one is a mass produced Giant Ebike the other is a Devinci which is hand made...as long as you don't go sticking a set of Super Monster T's on it, it really should last the life of the bike!
just my opinion..

LPG

likes thicc birds
Is 6 year warranty a bit of a cop out on a Frame anyway?....Both of my trail bikes have lifetime on the frame, one is a mass produced Giant Ebike the other is a Devinci which is hand made...as long as you don't go sticking a set of Super Monster T's on it, it really should last the life of the bike!
just my opinion..
I can understand that manufacturers take on this. Imagine having to sort out a 15 year old bike with a broken chainstay. They might not have the chainstay any more so would need to replace a whole frame with a current model but the standards like Giga boost and maglev BB aren't compatible with the parts that were on the 15 year old bike. So they need to provide a whole bike worth $1.8 million because the chainstay on a $4,000 bike broke due to material fatigue because the rider is such a luddite and refuses to ride a modern medium bike with a reach longer than 530mm.

I've got a lifetime transferable warranty on my frame. I often wonder how many frames will be warrantied in the distant future. A manufacturer would have an infinitely increasing commitment of frames that are still under warranty as they continue to operate and everything has to fail at some point. In reality bikes will naturally stop being ridden and many won't go back for warranty for one reason or another but companies with such good warranties are basically relying on this to not go bankrupt in the distant future due to an increasing warranty commitment even if failure rates are very low.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I can understand that manufacturers take on this. Imagine having to sort out a 15 year old bike with a broken chainstay. They might not have the chainstay any more so would need to replace a whole frame with a current model but the standards like Giga boost and maglev BB aren't compatible with the parts that were on the 15 year old bike. So they need to provide a whole bike worth $1.8 million because the chainstay on a $4,000 bike broke due to material fatigue because the rider is such a luddite and refuses to ride a modern medium bike with a reach longer than 530mm.

I've got a lifetime transferable warranty on my frame. I often wonder how many frames will be warrantied in the distant future. A manufacturer would have an infinitely increasing commitment of frames that are still under warranty as they continue to operate and everything has to fail at some point. In reality bikes will naturally stop being ridden and many won't go back for warranty for one reason or another but companies with such good warranties are basically relying on this to not go bankrupt in the distant future due to an increasing warranty commitment even if failure rates are very low.
"Most" warranties are not transferable between owners anyhow, the chances of somebody having a frame for so long that it eventually fails is surely a gamble the big manufactures are willing to take.

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH: buy a new cassette and after fitting it I noticed excessive play in the hub, going up to 46t seems to have exaggerated any play that was there and I just can’t get gears right (maybe that’s just me). Anyhow I pull the hub down to check out the bearings, the free hub ones were sounding a little gritty but nothing like what I found when I get apart :oops:
Looks like a trip to the bearing shop tomorrow, luckily it’s at the end of my street and I’ll do axle/hub ones whilst it’s apart. Nothing like trying to get a bearing race out when there is nothing left. View attachment 380801
LTIH due to Covid my little bearing place is shut until to further notice :( and no one beats him for pricing, he always gets my business.
As I’m impatient I need to fix things ASAP I paid $12 per bearing :rolleyes: from the big boys in Melton. I know I could’ve get them cheaper online but tomorrow is the last sunny day for a while and I like riding my bike not looking at it, okay I’m just impatient. Luckily my daughters boyfriend will pick them up for me as he works nearby and it saves me a drive into the red zone.