Little Things You Hate

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I look forward to hambo’s new wheelset review in 2025.
I had a quick look at @Fred Nurk's set of Fortus 35 and they do indeed look solid as fuck.

Availability notwithstanding, I'd want them with silver hubs though.

The annoying this is that I actually have the money for them now, but I can't spend it as it's earmarked for a car repair :(

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I had a quick look at @Fred Nurk's set of Fortus 35 and they do indeed look solid as fuck.

Availability notwithstanding, I'd want them with silver hubs though.

The annoying this is that I actually have the money for them now, but I can't spend it as it's earmarked for a car repair :(
I don’t like tyres that are too square, 35mm wide rims will do that to me. Side knobs shouldn’t engage until you start leaning damnit.

Cars are temporary, mtb is for life! Sort those priorities mate.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I don’t like tyres that are too square, 35mm wide rims will do that to me. Side knobs shouldn’t engage until you start leaning damnit.

Spouses are for life too, it's for her car.

Regardless, I'm well on track for 2025.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Wait....what???? You lean your bike over? Mate you have been working too hard! Time for some corner tech skills sessions. Because I'm a nice bloke I'll give you some practice tips here on the house:
1) charge into the corner hard, accelerate even! I can't street this enough as the very core foundation of good cornering. You need to see that turn and punch the boost button on your legs.

2) grab those anchors as hard as you can, 2 or 3 fingers if need be! Just rip on the back brake and lock it up. If you can't get a good lock out of your current brakes, it's time for an upgrade! Either some top shelf 4 or 6 piston option or (my personal preference) run 2 seperate Hayes hfx era calipers on that rotor! You'll need some long hands to grab both levers though.

3) drag drag drag!!! Absolutely drag your back wheel through the corner like you're stirring a thick stew and fear sticking to the pan. If you come to a complete stop do not ease off the brakes!!!! DONOTEASEOFFTHEBRAKES!!! Simple place a foot down each side of the bike and walk it through the corner to complete the drag.

4) accelerate out of the corner late and really poorly and bitch out on the jump immediately after it because it is apparently poorly built...

Rip some skids!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Wait....what???? You lean your bike over? Mate you have been working too hard! Time for some corner tech skills sessions. Because I'm a nice bloke I'll give you some practice tips here on the house:
1) charge into the corner hard, accelerate even! I can't street this enough as the very core foundation of good cornering. You need to see that turn and punch the boost button on your legs.

2) grab those anchors as hard as you can, 2 or 3 fingers if need be! Just rip on the back brake and lock it up. If you can't get a good lock out of your current brakes, it's time for an upgrade! Either some top shelf 4 or 6 piston option or (my personal preference) run 2 seperate Hayes hfx era calipers on that rotor! You'll need some long hands to grab both levers though.

3) drag drag drag!!! Absolutely drag your back wheel through the corner like you're stirring a thick stew and fear sticking to the pan. If you come to a complete stop do not ease off the brakes!!!! DONOTEASEOFFTHEBRAKES!!! Simple place a foot down each side of the bike and walk it through the corner to complete the drag.

4) accelerate out of the corner late and really poorly and bitch out on the jump immediately after it because it is apparently poorly built...

Rip some skids!
I’ll keep that in mind when this bikes finally build.
Untill then it’s just moto and dj rides for this guy!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe because you haven't gotten over Ultra Lord yet?
It was just so sudden and unexpected! And holding grudges is one of my hobbies.

It’s really good at going up downhill trails.
So much sickness! I hope you get a chance to try it on some club trails?

Just having lunch and them I am off for an afternoon on the trails...oh wait! I have another idea, how about some rain? Yeah an afternoon of rain and sitting in the house. That's what I'd prefer.