Little Things You Hate

moorey

Rap god
What cranks are you running on Felix's bikes @moorey? My memory of 12sp Shimano is that the chain is narrower, as well as the extended inner plates. Burgtec's direct-mount Shimano chainrings should be fine for 12sp, but would've though the narrow-wide wouldn't have been doing much for retention on a 10/11sp setup...
Current model DM shimano XT cranks with DM Bergtec boost 11/12sp ring.
Bought because wanted DM boost on 11sp, and knew the ring works perfectly with 11sp chain.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Current model DM shimano XT cranks with DM Bergtec boost 11/12sp ring.
Bought because wanted DM boost on 11sp, and knew the ring works perfectly with 11sp chain.
I get that it'll go on, but is the chain not super loose (as in, not lightly dragging on the side-plates as narrow-wide is intended to)?

I hung a HG701 11sp chain on Shimano 12sp chainrings, and it was super-loose. I ran it (briefly) on a single-speed setup where chain retention wasn't an issue and it was fine. But tried installing 12sp chain on an 11sp WolfTooth chainring and it wasn't going to happen. I know about the longer inner plates - but I busted out the verniers, an even if the 12sp chain didn't have the extended plates there was no way it would've gone on (Except for @Ultra Lord's favourite tapomometer technique).

moorey

Rap god
Chain has been fine. Never loose, never dropped. He’s only running a top guide, it’s all the Rail will take. Rides hard, raced it both Enduro and DH events, no rattle or drop…

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Delivery drivers that can't go to the right address.

It's a huge site here - something like 170 people on site - with offices, a warehouse and ~100 workshop bays - so people often get a bit lost. It's a little tedious, but I get it.

He's driven past out our service department, main reception, and receiving/dispatch warehouse and come across my office.

"Hi, I've got a delivery for the service department" (Literally the first thing he drove past)

I have a look at his delivery form to see who it's addressed to so I can direct him accordingly.

"Ah, there's your problem mate - you're looking for number 320-328 (street number), we're 392".

He gives me a look of disgust, and ambles back to his truck.

(My brain) FFS, you had one job Mr. Delivery-man, one job... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken

pink poodle

Our man isn't in the West
Order placed with MTBdirect on the 5th, picked up by auspost on the 8th, At facility in Melbourne till the 12th, it is now at Sunshine West as of the 13th....due delivery date 22nd.
The catch? I live 5 minutes from the MTBdirect warehouse. FML.
I had a similar experience recently, I don't live as close to the sender though. The parcel was collected and I was told to expect it with their 7-10 day window, which would have been last week. Now the tracking says I should expect it at the end of the month.

Mattyp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a similar experience recently, I don't live as close to the sender though. The parcel was collected and I was told to expect it with their 7-10 day window, which would have been last week. Now the tracking says I should expect it at the end of the month.
Worst part is I just recently got my Hardtail Frame from London to my door in 4 days...no wonder this country is going broke.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Order placed with MTBdirect on the 5th, picked up by auspost on the 8th, At facility in Melbourne till the 12th, it is now at Sunshine West as of the 13th....due delivery date 22nd.
The catch? I live 5 minutes from the MTBdirect warehouse. FML.
Got my tyres from them quiet snappy a week or so back. Will see how long the dropper I ordered today takes. I have no real use for it until lockdown zones extend a bit so no real hurry anyway I suppose.