Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
How else are they going to encourage kids to stay inside watching TV and playing video games and then blame both for kids-these-days behaviours?
I'm guessing whoever complained to parks has a big woofy dog who takes them for walkies off leash and let's them shit everywhere. But you know, THE KIDS ARE RUINING THE ENVIRONMENT, HOW DARE THEY?!
We get the blame for taking their magic shrooms here, but on a serious note MTBers are getting placed under the microscope from the green lobbyist groups, people need to be more wary of posting secret trails on public media. A lot of the unsanctioned trials here have been around for 20 plus years, and it would be practical to take them up to standard rather than just knocking everything down.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
We get the blame for taking their magic shrooms here, but on a serious note MTBers are getting placed under the microscope from the green lobbyist groups, people need to be more wary of posting secret trails on public media. A lot of the unsanctioned trials here have been around for 20 plus years, and it would be practical to take them up to standard rather than just knocking everything down.

View attachment 376520
If that's their argument, fungi are pretty robust. They grow wherever the hell they want. In fact, they're so tough they can be used in bioremediation.
I agree with you, upgrade would be far better than flat out removal of the trails.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Sellers that show something in stock so you press the buy now button to get an email a couple of days later saying they are oh so very sorry but they must have made a mistake in the inventory and in fact don’t have the item in stock but they do expect it in the next 3years so please hang on and if you have any problems with that be sure to let us know.
It’s happened three times in the last 2 months.
I guess it’s a response to the stock shortages and they expect the majority of buyers really want the item so will hang on.
In my case they are correct….

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Sellers that show something in stock so you press the buy now button to get an email a couple of days later saying they are oh so very sorry but they must have made a mistake in the inventory and in fact don’t have the item in stock but they do expect it in the next 3years so please hang on and if you have any problems with that be sure to let us know.
I guess it’s a response to the stock shortages and they expect the majority of buyers really want the item so will hang on.
Who was it? I took a gamble on the weekend ordering a rotor from someone in Aus, fully expecting to get the same "oh sorry it's not actually available" email in the next day or two hah.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have had a number of those 'back in stock' emails from Wiggle, aaaand when I click on the link, the product page is all 'yeah nah, it's coming in up to a month'. :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How else are they going to encourage kids to stay inside watching TV and playing video games and then blame both for kids-these-days behaviours?
We have had a different stroke of luck here. Part of Belair National Park was turned into a golf course, this has now closed and they are looking for an alternative to replace it.

The land was segregated from BNP for a nine-hole golf course during the Great Depression in 1934 to raise money for the maintenance of the remaining 835-hectare national park.
It was extended to 18 holes in 1941 and leased to the private sector along with a caravan park zone in the early 1980s.
The golf course dropped in popularity during the 2010s and shortly after the on-site golf shop closed.
A government survey of 2,200 people in 2018 found only 11 per cent wanted the golf course maintained as a public activity.

As far as I am aware (read it) The National Park do not want it back as they are undermanned (*underpersoned) and the volunteers are stretched as it is.

There have been a few proposals floated and with the last proposal of 7 soccer pitches, with floodlights and traffic, things took a turn for the better.

Some of the mountain bike hating groups realised that our fuckwit government would very easily sell the land to private development, people pictured fancy apartments overshadowing their view of BNP, parking on their quiet streets, ruining their nature walks and cutting down of the rare Grey Box ect.... Nek minnit most are supporting MTB activities on the unused Golf Course. They are also wanting to maintain the fire break between the park and their housing.

There is currently a loop around it with a kiddies flow trail which I ride regularly as part of the BNP Adventure loop (MTB) but there are apparently proposals for flow lines (jumps) and a skills park. There is currently a MTB skills/trip provider set up shop in the old 'pro shop' doing bike hire and coffees. Hoping these proposals come to fruition, a few nice lines down the old course and a skills park to play on would be sensational.

Mr Ackland here has way more info on this matter but he's gone Secret Squirrel these days.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Facebook Marketplace
Trying to sell something and the ad has been hidden by facebook trying to get me to 'boost' the listing to access views because it was listed for $900. Decided to do what many others I see do and change the 'price' to something random like $123 to try and get the ad out there thinking people will pretty easily deduce that $123 is a bullshit number. The number of vigilante old men threatening to report my ad is hilarious. One guy contacted me and I knew where he was taking the conversation straight away, so I told him the price was indeed $123; he suddenly had no problem with my unethical behaviour.
Anyway, LTIH, getting sucked back in to the FB void because of listing something for sale on there.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
People who bring fishy meals to work in an office. Fucking rank in here, and can’t even open a window….

Jpez

Down on the left!
Who was it? I took a gamble on the weekend ordering a rotor from someone in Aus, fully expecting to get the same "oh sorry it's not actually available" email in the next day or two hah.
Bike 24, some random store called Bigride in Sydney I think that happened to have what I needed and a not related to bike stuff shop.