Little Things You Hate

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Fkn strava.. Visited a trail i built and the amount of corner cutting and straight lining really pisses me off.. I know for sure it’s stravaholes chasing Kom’s as they brag about it online and I have seen them do it will sessioning it and checking their time each run.. Takes a certain type of ahole to straight line a series of bermed corners that the majority enjoy riding.. Clearly they are the type that don’t ride for enjoyment..
Really tempted to delete the segment (I created it) to piss them off.. Or am i being too petty?
Delete for sure

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks folks, also crossed my mind to flag it since it’s a dh segment the leaderboard gets locked.. Then everytime someone tries to make the same segment again I can flag that as well..

We lay logs across the short cuts but they just move them so they can ride through grass rather than a berm..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Exactly. Jumps, berms, a definite down feel...it was even given a lame name. Ahhhh all in the past now.

We lay logs across the short cuts but they just move them so they can ride through grass rather than a berm..

Lame arse pussies. I've seen that a lot around here on tracks. What do you mean there's no b lines here? I'll make one...then suddenly it becomes a cloning track.

Serenity now .... Serenity now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Fkn strava.. Visited a trail i built and the amount of corner cutting and straight lining really pisses me off.. I know for sure it’s stravaholes chasing Kom’s as they brag about it online and I have seen them do it will sessioning it and checking their time each run.. Takes a certain type of ahole to straight line a series of bermed corners that the majority enjoy riding.. Clearly they are the type that don’t ride for enjoyment..
Really tempted to delete the segment (I created it) to piss them off.. Or am i being too petty?
They'll probably make their own segment, now that they know where the trail is. I don't do it in case someone really fucks themselves but a few blokes I know have a habit of placing the odd rock on the fast strava lines.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
There are some very clever people out there with a TIG welder... I reckon it would be doable.
You don't have to be clever to TIG weld, any capable tradie will have no troubles picking up the necessary skills to perform such tasks...but simply bad engineering cannot be overcome by more welding...as DM said, more welding to heat treated tubing will just change the metallurgical properties of the frame around the weld and weaken it

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You don't have to be clever to TIG weld, any capable tradie will have no troubles picking up the necessary skills to perform such tasks...but simply bad engineering cannot be overcome by more welding...as DM said, more welding to heat treated tubing will just change the metallurgical properties of the frame around the weld and weaken it
I meant you have to be a damn good welder to do it in a way that wont introduce heat related issues and have it as strong (or preferably stronger) than it used to be. I'm only passably ok with a MIG on steel, but I know enough to know its way beyond my skill set to do something like that and beyond most basic welders.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Thick fillet convex welds on thin alloy pipe where it's likely to flex is never any good, most cracks on alloy frames happen right before the weld on the tube.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thanks folks, also crossed my mind to flag it since it’s a dh segment the leaderboard gets locked.. Then everytime someone tries to make the same segment again I can flag that as well..

We've got issues like this at lysty too. Absolutely dumbfounded how all this development in suspension and geometry results in going straight over a berm or b-lining around a wee rock the effort some riders will put in to save a little effort is astounding.

One b-line solution that seems to work is a couple of star pickets driven into the ground and then fix a log to it with a couple of baton screws. Considerably harder to move than a log on its lonesome.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
One b-line solution that seems to work is a couple of star pickets driven into the ground and then fix a log to it with a couple of baton screws. Considerably harder to move than a log on its lonesome.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
We need this at Black Hill too. Though some of the shortcuts are probably taken by walkers who may just step over it, or crack the shits and complain to The Courier. Cue an angry faced bogan article with poor Wolfy who "dang near got diggey-dang hit by one of them devil riders".

cammas

Seamstress
My riding buddy and I have noticed some corner cutting on the Kurrajong side of the youies, one section “Star Wars” I believe on Strava, they’re straight lining some of the curves. So we stopped one day and laid down some branches & off cuts over the straight line, it took a week or two then we seen where someone had tried to cut the corner; hopefully it scared the crap out of them.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Bosch dishwashers, a replacement power module is almost half the price of what the whole dishwasher cost me new, Fcken dirty fuckers.
Ugh, same with a food processor replacement lid and blade. Better than turfing it for a new one though.
How long has the dishwasher lasted? (I may have a vested interest in the answer...)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Here's some shortcutting fuckwittery.... Riding at Red Hill with my regular crew a few weeks back, we had a collective WTF moment watching some dickheads pushing up a shortcut on a green-rated trail; it's fucking harder to do than just riding the proper line! o_O:(:rolleyes::p

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ugh, same with a food processor replacement lid and blade. Better than turfing it for a new one though.
How long has the dishwasher lasted? (I may have a vested interest in the answer...)
It's about 5 years old but it's hardly been used, I just ordered the part tonight. We're in a world where we are trying to reduce waste, I doubt the repair would have been economical if I had got service people out at $133/hr.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
My riding buddy and I have noticed some corner cutting on the Kurrajong side of the youies, one section “Star Wars” I believe on Strava, they’re straight lining some of the curves. So we stopped one day and laid down some branches & off cuts over the straight line, it took a week or two then we seen where someone had tried to cut the corner; hopefully it scared the crap out of them.
I've noticed on Giant Slalom there are some straight/easier lines getting ridden in

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk