Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tiny thing I hate.

That feeling you get when your ring hole starts getting itchy and tickly at random times and it's not your partner trying to pleasure you.

And then you feel the tickle crawling up your crack.

Never had this issue until I had kids and dogs in the house.
It's good for weight loss though.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
The clutches on 12sp shimano derailleurs. Jesus, they only have to see water and they sieze. And I'm very careful with washing the bikes and pack them with grease but I've still gone through 3 in the last 3 months across 3 different bikes. Never had the same issue with 11sp. Obviously much better sealing. My LBS says I'm not alone in this...

Scotty675

Cable thief
The clutches on 12sp shimano derailleurs. Jesus, they only have to see water and they sieze. And I'm very careful with washing the bikes and pack them with grease but I've still gone through 3 in the last 3 months across 3 different bikes. Never had the same issue with 11sp. Obviously much better sealing. My LBS says I'm not alone in this...
Sad but true. Minimal to zero grease from factory. I’ve done all mine from new now after finding out the hard way. You can buy new p-axle and they are the same as m9000. You will be surprised what you can bring them back from. I had one totally seized and have bought it back (is in spares bin though as I bought new parts).

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Make sure that cap that covers the clutch adjustment screw is on and not missing.. If that flaps open shit gets in real quick..

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Creaks under heavy pedaling force.

I tried swapping pedals, swapping the BB (for a new one), pulling apart the cranks and retensioning the crank gear nut, noise is still there. I did find the derailluer hanger screws slightly loose (should be irrelevant, the axle holds the hanger tight once done up), nipped up but noise is still there. Tried a different rear wheel (which included having to remount a tyre to it...), and the problem went away. Problem is, it's a 27.5" wheel in a 29er frame. Damn it... Tried swapping cassettes on the 29er wheel and reinstalling that wheel. Still there. Adjust the bearing pre-load on the hub. Still there. A handful of other increasingly desperate potential tweaks/swaps/tests - like riding with no rear brake rotor using only the front brake to load the bike up for pedaling in case it's some bizarre brake-rub related issue, nope, still there. Tried removing the seat-post in case it's a frame-flex issue. Still there. Swap back to the 27.5 wheel, gone.

Plus, the rim used in the 29er rear wheel I've used before and had no issues with. I tried applying a little anti-sieze where the spokes cross and where the J-hook of the spoke heads go in case it's a spoke deflection thing, but no - the noise is still there. Pull apart the hub and check inside. No obvious nasties, so reassemble it. Noise was reduced briefly (very briefly) but returned quickly. Try the 27.5 wheel again. Gone. Fuck it, the new bike's staying mulleted for a bit while I try and work out wtf to do from here. I bought the hub from Ze Germans and it took a month to get here so suspect there ain't going to be any 'quick-fix' in this scenario.

Might have to see if I can get the hub looked at locally, or just get used to riding the bike mulleted for now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

beeb

Coat EVERYTHING inside that hub with grease
I was thinking drill'n'tap for a grease nipple, then go at it with a powered grease gun 'til it comes out the sides...?

On a more serious note, CK strongly advises against using thick greases inside the hubs.

As it is, the hub techincally works fine, so it is rideable - but the noise! I'd rage-quit and throw the bike into the bushes. A creaking/cracking noise every time I crank hard on the pedals does not make for good riding Zen!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I was thinking drill'n'tap for a grease nipple, then go at it with a powered grease gun 'til it comes out the sides...?

On a more serious note, CK strongly advises against using thick greases inside the hubs.

As it is, the hub techincally works fine, so it is rideable - but the noise! I'd rage-quit and throw the bike into the bushes. A creaking/cracking noise every time I crank hard on the pedals does not make for good riding Zen!
Mwahahahahahahahaha you bought a CK hub, mwahahahahahahaha

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Use some slickoleum in the hub?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I was out and about in town today and went on the hunt for some lunch, I was disappointed to say the least when I found my regular Bahn Mi place was closed,
so I decided to go against my better judgement and grab some Henny Penny, as the only other time I have lowered my standards it was sub par at best, time for a second chance....well fuck me if it wasn't the worst meal I have ever eaten, please if anybody works for NSW government -these fuckers need to be shut down.
woeful food, woeful service and unjustifiably expensive...should have just gone to coles and grabbed a can of dog food, better quality and cheaper.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Creaks under heavy pedaling force.

I tried swapping pedals, swapping the BB (for a new one), pulling apart the cranks and retensioning the crank gear nut, noise is still there. I did find the derailluer hanger screws slightly loose (should be irrelevant, the axle holds the hanger tight once done up), nipped up but noise is still there. Tried a different rear wheel (which included having to remount a tyre to it...), and the problem went away. Problem is, it's a 27.5" wheel in a 29er frame. Damn it... Tried swapping cassettes on the 29er wheel and reinstalling that wheel. Still there. Adjust the bearing pre-load on the hub. Still there. A handful of other increasingly desperate potential tweaks/swaps/tests - like riding with no rear brake rotor using only the front brake to load the bike up for pedaling in case it's some bizarre brake-rub related issue, nope, still there. Tried removing the seat-post in case it's a frame-flex issue. Still there. Swap back to the 27.5 wheel, gone.

Plus, the rim used in the 29er rear wheel I've used before and had no issues with. I tried applying a little anti-sieze where the spokes cross and where the J-hook of the spoke heads go in case it's a spoke deflection thing, but no - the noise is still there. Pull apart the hub and check inside. No obvious nasties, so reassemble it. Noise was reduced briefly (very briefly) but returned quickly. Try the 27.5 wheel again. Gone. Fuck it, the new bike's staying mulleted for a bit while I try and work out wtf to do from here. I bought the hub from Ze Germans and it took a month to get here so suspect there ain't going to be any 'quick-fix' in this scenario.

Might have to see if I can get the hub looked at locally, or just get used to riding the bike mulleted for now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
Earplugs...?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Could it be the rear axle. Was that swapped also or do you use the same one on both wheels?

beeb

Use some slickoleum in the hub?
I don't think it's a grease/oil issue sadly. There was still fluid inside when I opened it up. Suspect it'll need a proper teardown though, as I just popped the axle out to make sure it wasn't dry.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was out and about in town today and went on the hunt for some lunch, I was disappointed to say the least when I found my regular Bahn Mi place was closed,
so I decided to go against my better judgement and grab some Henny Penny, as the only other time I have lowered my standards it was sub par at best, time for a second chance....well fuck me if it wasn't the worst meal I have ever eaten, please if anybody works for NSW government -these fuckers need to be shut down.
woeful food, woeful service and unjustifiably expensive...should have just gone to coles and grabbed a can of dog food, better quality and cheaper.
It has been a lot of years for me...the last time I touched that filthy shit I thought I was going to be sick after a few bites so turfed the rest.