Little Blue tranny..........

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It's probably well accepted here that i have a HUGE fetish for trannies, and thought it's about time I post up a cheeky pic of my own! It's no fully endurbro 27.5 trail smashing machine, but it's the best damn hardtail I've ever ridden. Long for a djer, and slacker than most, this thing feels soooooo damn good just motoring around on. Good fun on some singletrack too.

Bought it a couple of months ago as a complete bike, stock wheels didn't last too long and stock bars sucked. A few tasteful mods later and it's pretty dialed!

Sorry for potato pics, was clearing out my phone and found these from a chilled sunday session out at helensburgh skate park. Other bikes a mates NS sub. Pretty tidy build, but it's no tranny.

IMG_0982_zpskz1hycqt.jpg
IMG_0984_zpssdtpcbzf.jpg

Specs
frame: transition PBJ long, blue
Fork: Rockshox argyle, with blue dial!
Hubs: Profile 20mm front, no disk tabs, Profile SS rear. Black, 36h
Rims: Mavic EXsomethingsomething. 36 hole, cheap off CR
Spokes: ?
Bars: NS something. Got em off a mate, pretty good though. Nice and wide, good sweep, look rad. Much love for these bars
Stem: Again, NS something. Also got off a mate. Same mate as bars even!
Safety stick: Avid something something, base model hydro. It slows me down and helps with sick skids, brah. Can't ask for much more than that! Wanted to swap for xt but shimano aus don't stock right hand lever rears *shrugs* too lazy to order crc.
Cranks: Stock ones from when it was bought. 3 piece splined bmx jobbies. Heavy, but seem solid enough. They were an absolute pain to get off when I swapped chainring.
Sprocket: Tree 25t spline drive cromo. I need the sprocket to match my tree sprocket tee!
Pedals: Fly rubens. Awesome pedals.
Chain: KMC hollow pin. Looks mint
Seat: Tree something pivotal. Deadset comfiest seat I've ever owned, the little kick at the back acts like a butt cup. Awesome.
Grips: Vans flangeless slip-ons. Good stuff, match ma shoes. Without matching contact points I AM NOTHING
Tyres: Schwalbe table tops. Stock tyres, roll fast and more grip in dirt than i was expecting! pretty cool.

Last edited:

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Ooh. I like riding slack trannies with long tubes!
For jumping double... entendres.

Looks great, love the colour.

Ultra Lord

hehe, inYOURendo

Really is a nice blue, looks pretty decent in person. Every time it get's a new chip in the paintwork, a little part of me dies.

It's funny because I didn't want a dj bike, and then this popped up when i was looking at a scout. The blue reminded me too much of my old Kona Cowan, which was my first proper mtb. Things got abit teary for awhile there as I reminisced.

Neck minute, this is sitting in my garage. No ragrets!

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Do you usually have rear brake lever on rhs? I'm noticing most djers have this setup. Despite being right handed I keep mine on the left, I'm paranoid that when I jump back on the mtb I'll accidentally grab a handful of of front brake at the worst possible time!

Ultra Lord

No, only on this and my bmx when its running brakes. I'm right handed, always ran the dominant brake on the ride side (i use front brake more on my mtbs than rear aswell).

Never had an issue switching between bikes. And i swap between them a couple of times a week.

Give it a go mate, found it alot easier to modulate the rear on the right. Less skids when bitching out and all that.

Also means i can cover the brake all the time, my left hand has been injured and now gets pretty sore sometimes.