Product Review Liteville 101

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Item: Liteville 101
Purchased From: Bike-Components (Germany)
Purchase Price (approx): ~$999
Usage: XC/Trail riding

Pros - Light, nimble, stable bike
Cons - Can't think of anything.

Comments:
I bought the frame in early 2019, after much convincing from my best riding partner - "Trust me, it'll be the best trail bike you ever own". For the price ($999 for frame and rear shock and postage!), I couldn't resist.
Bike landed, built it up with the following components sused out from various places:
ForkFox 34 Performance 130mm
Rear shockRockshox monarch 200x51 (120mm travel for the frame)
Bar/Stem/GripRaceface SixC 735mm width / Easton Haven 55mm stem / ODI
Drivetrain2x10 Shimano mix of XT and XTR:
XTR shifters and FD
XT RD and crank (old school octalink)
26/34 Chain ring, 11-36 Cassette
BrakesShimano XTR 9000
WheelsSyntace hub laced to WTB i29 rim (custom built)
TyresSchwalbe Magic Mary 2.35 Front
Continental Mountain King 2.4 Rear
Dropper/Saddle/Seat collarBikeYoke 160mm / Fizik Gobi / Syntace 34.9mm
PedalsShimano XT clipless

The frame have 2 settings (duolink), the rear/longer one supposedly for 29er and front/shorter for 27.5. I'm using 27.5 but with duolink setup for 29er, results in longer wheelbase and lower BB - more stability.
The bike is a treat to ride. It climbs extremely well, efficient for pedalling, and descends very well. It's not big enough to hit long steep descend (enduro stuff), but for gnarly trail, it's an absolute treat. It doesn't ride like a 130/120 XC marathon bike, it's more super capable trail bike.
I'm not the best jumper out there, but the bike is poppy and fun to ride on the jump tracks as well. I've done a few drops (not overly big, but big enough that you can't roll it), and it's very stable.

I've owned many MTBs throughout my fairly short riding life (~5 years) - Cannondale (Prophet and Jekyll), Pivot (Mach 5.7 and 6), Commencal (Meta AM and Meta HT), Liteville (101 and 601), I have not encountered a short travel bike as capable as this beast. I can confidently say (so far), it's the best bike I ever own.

Unfortunately, this is the only 101 frame made by Liteville. It's discountinued after just 1 version. They claim (in email) that the 101 is replaced by 301 MK 15, but I don't think it's the same bike - geometry and weight.

Pictures/Videos:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So jealous. I was going to buy one of these but they sold out if the xl before I got my act together.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

gippyz

Likes Dirt
So jealous. I was going to buy one of these but they sold out if the xl before I got my act together.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Well, you are not the only one who said that.. Lookout for 2nd hand one in Germany.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I like you have moved the seat forward as far as possible , on my new hardtail it makes it similar to nu school geometry.

Last edited:

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow that price posted is a bargain. I would have loved one but they were way too expensive when I looked early this year. It seems to be the perfect do it all trail bike. Keen to hear a long term review.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Wow that price posted is a bargain. I would have loved one but they were way too expensive when I looked early this year. It seems to be the perfect do it all trail bike. Keen to hear a long term review.
Keep an eye out on bike-components. They often have massive clear out discount for liteville (often when liteville is about to release new model).