VIC Link’s dumpster fire of wheels for sale

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Item: Mavic 823 on novatec 4in1
Item Condition: bloody close to new
Price: $50 or offers. Pending KIP
Reason for selling: liquidation sale.
Extra Info: bought second long ago, suspect it just passed onto me in a trade that was all to favourable my way, could have been plank, way too long ago to recall.

If it wasn’t for the dirt around the nipples (calm down you filthy bastards) this wheel could pass as new, just probably storage dust. End caps have never been clamped in a fork.

Rim is a 32 hole mavic ex823 26” truely UST compatible rim. No nipple holes in the internal wall of the rim. If tubeless goes down on you with this, give up man.

Spokes are real DT 2mm plane janes.
Has a valve fitted.

Hub is a novatec D881SB
Bearing are 6802 real NSK.
BUT the end caps are a fuckup. The end caps installed are for a 20mm thru axle, but with an overall 90mm spacing. Wtf? These end caps have the stationary rings that press into the hub, end caps have the orings in the right place to seal with the ring, and only contact the bearing ID, so I am as confused as Mike Tyson in a library.

The spare end caps zip tied to the wheel are the right height, but not for this hub, that make contact with the bearings outer race. Someone with 4in1 hub caps or prepared to fuck around, take it. Bearing outer edge to bearing outer edge is 72mm, so end caps will need to be 14mm wide each. If I had more time I’d turn up end caps on the lathe.

Pictures: yep. Oh of the wheel, yes.

Next fuckup.

Item: SRAM roam 30 27.5” front wheel. Predictive steering. Boost 15x110
Item Condition: Great. Bearings silky smooth. Slight hop in the rim
Price: $50 or offers.
Reason for selling: not needed.
Extra Info: came from some random Facebook marketplace listing a few years ago.

Predictive steering is SRAM and rockshox’s first go at over sized end caps, first launched on the RS-1 xc fork.

No valve fitted.

Now known as torque caps, BUT with a different rotor to end spacing. Boost 15x110 has the distance from end cap to rotor mounting surface as 10.4mm. These wheels measure 12.4mm, you will need 2mm washers or a spacer. As Bauke Mollema said best “argh fucken sram”

Torque caps do fit a bunch of Rock Shox forks. The end cap is 31mm diameter where it mates to the fork.

Pictures: yep

Item: SRAM roam 30 rear wheel 27.5 XD
Item Condition: good
Price: SOLD to plank
Extra Info: boost 12x 148mm. XD driver. Missing drive side end cap, trying to locate a spare. Bearings good. Rim straight. No valve. 24 hole rim. Straight pull bladed spokes.

Item: SRAM roam 40 front wheel 27.5
Item Condition: used but good
Price: SOLD to plank
15x100mm hub. This came off the LaPierre Zesty. 24 hole rim. Straight pull spokes. Setup tubeless. Has a valve core. Bearings feel good. Rim straight.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
All yours Kip, call me, my last pm has my number.

Yes PJO. Googling last night never revealed that parts diagram, indeed adapter on adapter brings it up to 100mm.

PJO

in me vL comy
All yours Kip, call me, my last pm has my number.

Yes PJO. Googling last night never revealed that parts diagram, indeed adapter on adapter brings it up to 100mm.
Found that in the Novatec EU shop. These might be useful for @kip01

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You don't have a light 275 rear in 142x12 there too do you linky? I have a daughter running some budget heavy stock wheels on her replacement spider and I'd like to lighten this up a little for her. The roam front would probably do the trick, but the rear is probably a more important find

...and yeah I reckon the 823s were mine, did you grab them when you grabbed that stinky off me?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Found that in the Novatec EU shop. These might be useful for @kip01
Thanks, but the end caps that were zip tied to the spokes pushed onto the existing end caps, we now have an old school 20x110 setup.

Not in my wildest dreams did I think they would have double end caps. bizarre.

Reactions: PJO

kip01

Likes Dirt
Thanks, but the end caps that were zip tied to the spokes pushed onto the existing end caps, we now have an old school 20x110 setup.

Not in my wildest dreams did I think they would have double end caps. bizarre.
So It's not for sale now that it's usable?

• Haha
Reactions: PJO

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You don't have a light 275 rear in 142x12 there too do you linky? I have a daughter running some budget heavy stock wheels on her replacement spider and I'd like to lighten this up a little for her. The roam front would probably do the trick, but the rear is probably a more important find

...and yeah I reckon the 823s were mine, did you grab them when you grabbed that stinky off me?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Is this for the young lass who drives bulldozers for fun?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have some DT Swiss 1700s or something that came with the Bronson but postages will be a pita. Not sure they are grouser proof either. Link may have something suitable in the light, cheap and bulletproof category...