LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

ozzybmx

Níl aon tóin tinn mar do thóin tinn féin
Yeah my Cateye I use 3 x a week are nearly that old and must have been charged 1000x times.
i love quality.
The LiPoly AyUps batteries don't look that they will ever die.
Not much market for replacement batteries.

komdotkom

Likes Dirt
These Magic Shine lights are now available through the US store as a light only for US$90, so no battery pack or mounts. This isn't an issue for me because I've got a few good 18650 packs (not the standard chinese rubbish) but shipping is $93US for multiple items.
Anyone else want to purchase some stuff and we'll combine shipping?

komdotkom

Likes Dirt
Just because you aren't looking for them doesn't mean you shouldn't buy them, Christ we'd never get new bikes with an attitude like that! You need to have a good hard look at yourself!

ozzybmx

I'm good, nice price on the Monteer at $120au though shipping is a bit steep, I believe you can run them straight off an e-bike.

Bicyclesonline had them complete for $299 a while back but the complete 3500 package only comes with a 5200mAh battery.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I think there is a future for sensible 36 and 48 V aftermarket headlights that can run directly from the ebike battery.
There are plenty of hacks available but I would like to see a good quality one that can use the charging port if possible ?

ozzybmx

What's the beam spread like?
Its ok, my kids reckon its better than their old Cleanskin Duos though I have not tried it since getting the MJ906.

For your helmet they are awesome, the battery is 160g but if its mounted on the back of a decent fitting helmet, it hard to notice,