Sold Sold.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Item: Light Bicycle / Onyx Vesper, mullet wheelset. Boost front, Super Boost, 12 x 157 & 150mm end caps rear, brand new.
Item Condition: Brand New, never fitted to a frame or had tyres installed.
Reason for selling: No frame, no 29, build no longer happening.
Price & conditions: $1500 pickup, $1800 posted. I'd rather not post these, save yourself a bunch with pickup or RB courier service.
Extra Info:
Front wheel:
EN932, Recon Pro, 29 inch, 32mm internal, 38mm external, Matte UD finish 32H, no decals.
Onyx Vesper 15 / 110mm Boost, Black Chrome, 6-bolt, J-bend black Sapim D-Light spokes with black brass nipples.

Rear wheel:
EN732, Recon Pro, 27.5 inch, 32mm internal, 38mm external, Matte UD finish 32H, no decals. Onyx Vesper 12 x 157 Super Boost, also comes with 150mm end caps. Black Chrome, 6 bolt, Shimano HG driver, J-bend black Sapim Race spokes with black brass nipples.

Tubeless rim tape installed.
Pictures:
Oops... Forgot to grab photos of these with the other bits. Will grab tomorrow...

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
not heard of light bicycle till i'd seen this. These look great. Not the right size for me, but great value for carbon rims

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It's a bit like the DVO and SR Suntour relationship.

Ultimately the same inputs (cloth, resin, labour) are going into them with some different herbs and spices on the output.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
based on the info the NOBLE guy gives in that link, it seems there's enough of a difference to not be NOBL wheels. That's not a deterrent, just seems worth being aware of that if I were to by LB wheels, they aren't cleanskin NOBL wheels. Herbs and spices matter.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got all three, Nextie, LB & NOBL. They all ride the same, never broken one.
In fact most of my mates ride LB wheels and the only carbon rim I've even seen broken was an ENVE.
Glws it's a pity they are super boost and mullet, two trends I'm not on board with.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
based on the info the NOBLE guy gives in that link, it seems there's enough of a difference to not be NOBL wheels. That's not a deterrent, just seems worth being aware of that if I were to by LB wheels, they aren't cleanskin NOBL wheels. Herbs and spices matter.
The LB wheels are really good. I have a set of their wheels on my roadie and they're excellent quality. Took a while to get to me, but I ordered in April 2020 and got them in June, which is pretty good considering where the world was at at that point

wkkie

I've got all three, Nextie, LB & NOBL. They all ride the same, never broken one.
In fact most of my mates ride LB wheels and the only carbon rim I've even seen broken was an ENVE.
Glws it's a pity they are super boost and mullet, two trends I'm not on board with.
Would be an excellent purchase for the downhill / some enduro mullet linkers going around at the moment though!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The LB wheels are really good. I have a set of their wheels on my roadie and they're excellent quality. Took a while to get to me, but I ordered in April 2020 and got them in June, which is pretty good considering where the world was at at that point
Been very happy with my LB wheelset too.

I have rode with a gent that has been running them for quite sometime and he still rides like teenager considering he is far from it. No horror stories yet.

Great wheels.

wkkie

Bumping and a price drop. $1750 pickup or $2000 shipped.

These price up at over $2400 at the moment... Save yourself a good chunk!

wkkie

And if you pickup / meet me somewhere, I'll throw in one of the brand new 29 tyres listed and a brand new 27.5.

wkkie

Bumping.... No new 29 tyres available though.

But happy to throw in 2 new 27.5 tyres. An offer can't hurt either... Hit me up.

wkkie

Bumping... These things are way too sexy to be sitting in a box unused! Make me an offer.

Finally got some dodgy pictures up. Let me know if you want any more and I can send them through direct for better quality.

Also feel free to make an offer!!

IMG_20230522_230239_copy_1751x2335.jpg
IMG_20230522_230333_copy_1572x2096.jpg
IMG_20230522_230348_copy_1571x2096.jpg

IMG_20230522_230928_copy_2594x1945.jpg
IMG_20230522_230853_copy_1552x2068.jpg
IMG_20230522_230905_copy_1501x2002.jpg