Lego

scblack

Leucocholic
Selling my Mack Anthem 42078 Lego $300.
Complete with instructions and box.
In Sydney, prefer pickup, can post at your expense. Or could deliver to CBD or reasonable distance from Baulkham Hills.

Mack 31 Step7.jpg

Mack 26 Step6.jpg

scblack

Leucocholic
Selling my Land Rover Defender Lego 42110 $200
Complete with instructions and box.
In Sydney, prefer pickup, can post at your expense. Or could deliver to CBD or reasonable distance from Baulkham Hills.

thumbnail_IMG_1244.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1246.jpg

ausdb

Being who he is
I started a scratch build traction engine. Got the bones done but rear wheels are an issue, 120 x 30mm. So started thinking about lego spoked wheel with non lego tyre. Tried some pvc downpipe but the cutting didn't work as planned and until my finger heals there is no more legoing.
Shouldn't you be confessing that somewhere else?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So here is progress. Getting the concept sorted.

Boiler size is pretty close. Front wheels will change to pieces as will the rears. Driveline will be geared to differential on rear axle. Might sneak a motor in the firebox, not sure about size then battery would be on a trailer.

Anyway better than the video I sent @Minlak

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Gearing and steering sorted. Wasn't that a pain in the scrotal area. Many many hours... And it looks so simple.

Now I have to decide if it is worth the trouble of buying bits. I have built up one rear wheel but lack the parts for the rest. And then there is the colour coding and the panels to fill in the back and make the roof. Hmmmm. Will have a bit more of a think.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Progress to date and probably where it ends.

To get enough bits to colour match this and make it look like a decent model is going to be something between $250 and $300. The wheels, especially the rear given I could live with the front, are ugly and there really isn't a way to make them prettier. There is a 5 spoke centre that comes in a helicopter kit but these are few and far between in Oz and are something like $7 ea plus postage from foreign parts. I could double these up and have 10 spoke rears and singly 5 spoke fronts.

Perhaps I grab some of those and see how the wheel centres look but there is still the issue of the tyres. I could and probably would turn something up but then that isn't lego.

I confess I think it looks not too bad but I don't think it is worth the effort to finish it off.................................