Leaving your job and annual leave

cammas

Seamstress
At the very least a ‘ time off in lieu ‘ ?
but I’m firmly in the penalty rate camp as a step up from ‘ come in and do a few things coz you are on holidays ‘
which is why , I would happily ( although poorly haha ) retire tomorrow as employers can be cunty .
I agree with this, get his manager to let him have a few days off here and there and not take it out of his leave and pay him as normal

my manager does this with us, as we are on a salary and anytime we do extra or over and above standard we take it as a day or time off with out lodging leave, pretty standard practice in business well if you perform your job well but if you are supposed to be working but are chatting on a forum about bikes.... oh crap back to work

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I agree with this, get his manager to let him have a few days off here and there and not take it out of his leave and pay him as normal

my manager does this with us, as we are on a salary and anytime we do extra or over and above standard we take it as a day or time off with out lodging leave, pretty standard practice in business well if you perform your job well but if you are supposed to be working but are chatting on a forum about bikes.... oh crap back to work
I told him to take it in lieu at OT rates.

Fuck 'em.

The good thing is the supervisor is down with that option.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
So I don't just start another random thread, I thought I would ask this here...

If you were asked to go into work during the Xmas shut-down (forced annual leave), what would your expectation be in regards to pay rate?

Back story is the storeman at my work was asked to go in to do a few things and I said put in your time as overtime. Which he did.
Accounts have come back and said they will only pay half rate :mad:
Wait, so he came in to help the company out while he was on annual leave that he had no choice in, and they want to pay him half rate and not lop the time off his annual leave?

Regardless of the outcome, after a kick like that I'd be looking for somewhere else to work, fuck a duck!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Without knowing the employment award or agreement details and assuming it wasnt a public holiday then he (he yes?) was already paid for the time in his annual leave. I guess legally they had the option of adding those days back onto leave or paying normal rates as if he was just at work normally. Morally is a different story. We would always pay call ins off leave at penalty rates. This is to cover inconvenience for plans and things already organised. I was staff and had one lot of leave postponed due to some meetings being called. I could defer my flights but there was a cost and flights were more expensive. Company paid those costs. I had already taken a week of leave but was credited the full period.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I probably wouldn't leave, but I have an approach I like to call "pay-proportional work output". ;)
I have always been pretty flexible.

I'm fine to go hard at all hours to meet project milestones but also have zero guilt on going for a ride in company time.

It is all a give and take. If you can live with wherever it lands longer term then it is a win. Plenty more people have it much harder.