Leather saddles

Ozchuck

Likes Dirt
So I want a leather saddle.
Something like a brooks, but doesnt have to be.

Would prefer without springs.

Where can I buy locally? (brisbane)

spongebob

Likes Dirt
Thing about a Brooks leather saddle, is when you first sit on them, it is like a greasy brick & feels dreadful. Your butt & time gradually mould it to your own shape & then it is wonderful. Took me a good month or more of daily commuting to wear it in . 'Test sitting' on one is likely to actually turn you off. You just need to buy one & hope you can stick it out.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldnt believe spongbob too much as he doesnt actually use a seat !! A seatpost only will generally be sufficient !!:eek::p:cool:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone here running a leather saddle on a tourer, roadie, commuter etc ?

I have used a saddle called a Selle Anatomica since 2015 on whatever bike I use to do long distances. I rode the top of the Mawson a few weeks back with Marino jocks and casual bikepacking shorts on for 7-8 hours a day, no chamois needed (though I took a set of bibs JIC).

Usually when I head out on the adventure/gravel its shorts and jocks. When a leather saddle fits your ass, it just works.

Brooks are not really appealing to me. Looking at a French brand, Gilles Berthoud and the 157mm wide Aspin with the cut out.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

I have used a saddle called a Selle Anatomica since 2015 on whatever bike I use to do long distances. I rode the top of the Mawson a few weeks back with Marino jocks and casual bikepacking shorts on for 7-8 hours a day, no chamois needed (though I took a set of bibs JIC).

Usually when I head out on the adventure/gravel its shorts and jocks. When a leather saddle fits your ass, it just works.

Brooks are not really appealing to me. Looking at a French brand, Gilles Berthoud and the 157mm wide Aspin with the cut out.

@moorey your second account is getting out of hand...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Leather Saddle for Sale | Buy Synthetic Saddle Online at Horseland

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Not sure what you're actually asking about. The Selle Italia SLR Flow is leather and is my all time favourite for the road bike. Didn't work for the fixed position on the trainer though.