LDTR Lysty Kids social rides

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey guys, i thought i'd drop these rides in rotorburn aswell, just in case any of you parent types might be interested in getting your kids out with a bunch of other kids for a cruisy social ride. these are aimed more at emerging riders, and a social atmosphere, so if your kiddo needs to be going 135% and nailing 15m gaps they might be a bit bored here. Its a great morning though, we've had a ton of positive feedback and enthusiasm from the kids is through the roof :D

Yell out if you've got any questions, but i think its pretty well covered here...

LDTR Lysty Kids February Social Ride

Join us for our LDTR Lysty Kids Social Ride at Lysterfield MTB Park. We will ride in 3 groups, beginner, Intermediate
Short and Intermediate Fast, so regardless of your ability and fitness, this is the ride for you. Parents are welcome (and encouraged) to join the ride. Riders 10 years and under MUST be accompanied by their Parent/Guardian.

Beginner group - Whether you’ve never ridden a mountain bike before, or you’re hooked on wide dirt trails but don’t have the confidence to consistently ride narrower trails with roots and tighter corners, the Beginners group may be for you.

Intermediate Short - Are you loving Lysterfield’s blue rated singletrack but are itching for a social adventure? Sign up with the Intermediate Short group. This is suitable for riders comfortable on a variety of singletrack which might include mud, loose rocks, narrow trails tightly lined with trees and small obstacles.

Intermediate Fast - A longer and more spirited rode. This is for competent riders ONLY, as it will include some sections of Black trail, and will be at a more strenuous pace. You should be familiar with the Comm Games trail before stepping up to this group.

All riders are welcome to hang around after the ride for a FREE BBQ.

Register here - https://online.mtba.asn.au/ERegister.aspx?E=7887

The Details:

Date: Sunday 9th Feb 2020

Place: Map stand at Mahogany Car park. Enter via Horswood Road, drive through the gates and turn right at the roundabout into the MTB carpark, then turn right.

Time: 9am sharp. Please arrive 10 mins before the ride starts. We cannot wait for late comers.

Duration: Roughly 1.5hours ride time (beginners ~6km / Short ~9km / Long ~12km)

Please bring: your mountain bike in safe working order, helmet, spare tube, drinking water and snacks.

Cost: FREE, but you must register online

Insurance Option:
Optional Recreation permit provides you with public liability and personal accident cover for the event. $10/day for Non-MTBA member. Recreation day permits are available for purchase with your online rego for the ride. If you choose not to purchase a Recreation Permit you WILL NOT be covered by insurance and you participate at your own risk.

Skills Session:
We will be offering 1hr skills sessions prior to the ride again, giving a great opportunity to learn some new techniques and put them straight into action on the social ride. Keep an eye on the LDTR social pages for more info!

Attachments

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
We're back up and running again now, all guns blazing with a triumphant return of the post ride BBQ as well. next ride is on sun 31/1/21, still limited spots but i dont think it's going to fill up.

if you want better notifications of upcoming rides, check out the bookface group (because looking at the lack of ride updates i've done here there's a better than even chance i'll forget to update the thread)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lystytrailblazers

----------------------------------------------------------

Welcome 2021!
Join us for another awesome Lysty Trail Blazers Social Ride at Lysterfield MTB Park.
spots are limited to 15 riders per group for the time being so that we can remain as covid safe as possible. Please respect this and don’t show up on the day if you are unable to register. We know its not ideal, but we want to make sure we can come back safely and keep running these rides regularly.

We’ll be running 3 groups for this ride day:
Joeys (Beginners) – an easy paced lake loop with a little bit of singletrack. ~6km start to finish and mostly on firetrail.
Joeys link - https://online.mtba.org.au/ERegister.aspx?E=8733

Blazers (Intermediate) – a more challenging ride with more singletrack, but taken at an easy pace. ~9km start to finish
Blazers link - https://online.mtba.org.au/ERegister.aspx?E=8734

Shredders (Competent descenders) – We’ll start with a warm up ride to the top of Aneurysm, then do laps of this flowy gravity trail until its time to head back via firetrail. Riders attending this ABSOLUTELY MUST be familiar with and competent at riding Aneurysm before signing up.
Shredders link - https://online.mtba.org.au/ERegister.aspx?E=8735

Time & Place:
New meeting place
Please enter via Horswood Road, drive through the gates and turn LEFT at the roundabout into the carpark, then follow this all the way to the loop at the end. We meet at the BBQ area nearest to the dam wall and skills park.
Check in from 0830 to 0850, for a 0900 ride out for all groups
The BBQ is back! but we will still have to maintain social distancing so please respect this while you're lining up for your snags and drinks

Duration: (roughly 1.5hrs ride time, varies depending on group speed).

Cost: FREE - but you must register all participants (both adults and kids)
(If you are an aus cycling member and having trouble registering, please send an email to mos@auscycling.org.au with your membership details and the issues you are having)

*Children under 10 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
LT DR.

Also, awesome work mate. It’s like herding cats...big, loud, autonomous cats.
We've found that the prospect of sugary carbonated beverages and questionable cylindrical meat products keeps them in check for the ride. how much of a handful they turn into after they've been returned to their parents is none of my business ;)

moorey

call me Mia
We dole out fruit....and if they’ve had some fruit, they get a slice of a pastry that a local gourmet bakery donates.
We capped the Dirt Critters at 100 registrations per term. We don’t have the manpower or hair to handle any more. Used to be a free-for-all, but was too hard to plan for and manage.
Love your work mate. Hope you get a huge uptake with the girls like we do (close to 40%)...so they can get skilled up and keen before VDHS dashes their hope of equity and fair treatment
:p

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
TLDR march Juniors ride (thanks Moorey, now I do it)

--------------------------------------

Lysty TrailBlazers March Social

Gday TrailBlazers!

Join us for another awesome Lysty TrailBlazers Junior social Ride at Lysterfield MTB Park.
This time we'll be running the Joeys and Blazers groups (sorry shredders and demons, we'll try to catch you on the next ride)
spots are limited to 15 riders per group for the time being so that we can remain as covid safe as possible. Please respect this and don’t show up on the day if you are unable to register. We know its not ideal, but we want to make sure we can come back safely and keep running these rides regularly. (be sure to email me at plankosaurus@gmail.com if you have issues with registration, i'll do what i can to help)

Joeys (Beginners) – easy loop with minimal singletrack. ~6km start to finish and mostly on firetrail.

Blazers (Intermediate) – more challenging ride with more singletrack, but taken at an easy pace. ~9km start to finish

Time & Place: 9am sunday 14/3/21

New meeting place
Please enter via Horswood Road, drive through the gates and turn LEFT at the roundabout into the carpark, then follow this all the way to the loop at the end. We meet at the BBQ area nearest to the dam wall and skills park.

Check in from 0830 to 0850, for a 0900 ride out for all groups

The BBQ is only a maybe this time, i'll update the facebook group on this.

Duration: (roughly 1.5hrs ride time, varies depending on group speed).

Rego Link : https://online.mtba.org.au/ERegister.aspx?E=8868

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Lysty TrailBlazers April Golden Goat Social

https://online.mtba.org.au/ERegister.aspx?E=8908

Gday TrailBlazers!

Join us for our special GOLDEN GOAT preview trailblazers social ride!!

This is a special edition ride for kids to get a guided tour of the golden goat trails for LDTRs upcoming main event race.
It'll be an awesome opportunity for kids to get a feel for the course, and to start organizing teams (and rivalrys) for the race.

We'll be running 3 groups this time, our usual Blazers group for the kids not keen on racing, a course preview of the Golden Goat Kids loop for kids that dont want to compete with adults, and a course preview of the Golden Goat Full loop for kids looking to show the grown ups how it's done.

As always, we'll ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no-one is left out, but please choose your ride carefully because the full course is fairly tough (both in ascending and descending)

Spots are limited to 15 riders per group for the time being so that we can remain as covid safe as possible. (be sure to email me at plankosaurus@gmail.com if you have issues with registration, i'll do what i can to help)

Blazers (Intermediate) – more challenging ride with more singletrack, but taken at an easy pace. ~9km start to finish

Golden Goat Kids – This is most of the golden goat course, but skips the gruelling climb up to the top of comm games and the fast descent down. includes some of comm games, anuerysm, middle trail and redgum as well as some firetrail. roughly 12km all up, with 9km of that on the golden goat kids course. expect at least 1.5+hr of riding

Golden Goat Full – Not for the faint of heart! This is the full golden goat course, including a very tough climb and a fast descent down comm games. includes most of comm games, aneurysm, middle trail and redgum as well as some firetrail. roughly 15km all up, with 12 of that on the full golden goat course. expect at least 2+hr of riding

Time & Place: 9am sunday 11/4/21

New meeting place

Check in from 0830, for ~0900 ride out for all groups

The BBQ is on, but will likely be spread out a bit due to the distances being ridden.

Duration: (see above for approx times, this one will be longer than usual).

*Note that day insurance is not mandatory, this option is comepletely up to you

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Anyone want to win a brand new lapierre?

Life of Bikes in pakky have donated a spanking new Lapierre XR6.9 to raffle off at the upcoming Golden Goat race, and LDTR have decided that all the proceeds are going to the junior program. Please share it around to anyone you think could use a shiny new bike!