Latest eMTB tech

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giant e-bike?

If you want something light(ish) and playful(ish) then there is only one choice (ATM), this Specialized.
Try a test ride on a Norco VLT - I have not ridden mine with another emtb rider as I don't really know any others, but every regular rider I ride with is keen even after 5-10 kms swap of me riding their bike and them riding mine. It is 22kg so not a featherweight like the Levo SL but it handles very much ike a regular trail enduro bike, rails a berm, but more work in very tight, steep stuff no question

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
is this your pic or a file photo?..
not much info out yet
word on the wire is that Yeti are about to drop one too!
Passing interest in the SC ebike as I like the brand - I think the real question is whether their first ebike offering is going to review well in a fairly mature market. The same will probably be the case for the Yeti when it arrives too.

With the other players being into 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen models, each of which is a lot more refined than the last, what can a new entrant bring that’s going to blow everyone away? Or, will the SC / Yeti ebikes just be average but solid units that appeal mainly to existing fans of the brand? They certainly won’t be cheap, so what will make someone ditch, say, a Levo for one of these?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't wait for @moorey to ride the new Orange 29er ebike. Just under 500kg without battery.
Would easily break the $30K barrier too

I find it interesting that one of the biggest complaints about E-bikes is that they look like E-bikes.
Are people embarrassed to be riding them because others will know?

moorey

call me Mia
Would easily break the $30K barrier too

I find it interesting that one of the biggest complaints about E-bikes is that they look like E-bikes.
Are people embarrassed to be riding them because others will know?
Wouldn’t you be?
It’s like wearing women’s panties. Comfy AF, but you prefer if non panty wearers don’t know.
Apparently.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Wouldn’t you be?
It’s like wearing women’s panties. Comfy AF, but you prefer if non panty wearers don’t know.
comfortable if you are only real sml in the downstairs dept,

i have found the ebike rd riding in sml groups one of the sunbury guys bought one, then suddenly 5-6 guys had them, just go riding together

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
comfortable if you are only real sml in the downstairs dept,

i have found the ebike rd riding in sml groups one of the sunbury guys bought one, then suddenly 5-6 guys had them, just go riding together
Which is really where I was headed, you can't sneak into a group ride with an E-bike and expect no one to notice. You ride them very differently to a regular bike and if the carpark glance fails, within the first 100 metres everyone would know.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Which is really where I was headed, you can't sneak into a group ride with an E-bike and expect no one to notice. You ride them very differently to a regular bike and if the carpark glance fails, within the first 100 metres everyone would know.
but that shit doesn't worry me, I can't hear their bitching over the lovely whirring noise my motor makes as I quickly disappear into the forest.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There are rumours that they're trying to make them look like normal bikes because of all the drama in the US, many land mangers over there don't want them on the trails. IMBA in the US has done a backflip because they're getting money out of e-bike sales in the form of donations.