Latest eMTB tech

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's almost not an ebike...

It is very expensive!!

I'm surprised it has taken this long for someone mainstream to do this. Doesn't have to be that expensive and I'm surprised Shimano/Bosch haven't done a much lighter lower powered option. On something like the Focus bikes with the smaller battery you could get much of this without the Specialized pricetag. I think it would have wide appeal, most people only ride for 2-3 hrs 350 W battery is probably enough a lot of the time.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Giant e-bike?

If you want something light(ish) and playful(ish) then there is only one choice (ATM), this Specialized.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Giant e-bike?

If you want something light(ish) and playful(ish) then there is only one choice (ATM), this Specialized.
Giant Trance E+..
surely there are lots of better value , light options out there, Europe has a huge market for Ebikes with many brands that are not well known offshore.
I guess at this end of the market, they are targeting the cashed up folks going through the mid life crisis and NFI.
can BigS really justify this price bracket, seems that the cost of new Ebikes is rising exponentially every year not reducing as the technology refines itself.
seems to me that BigS is steering the market with respect to pricing, and everybody is tagging along like some little lost puppy..If this pricing rise continues , they will push the purchase of Ebikes out of reach for the majority of consumers, MTB riders included!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Did ride a Turbo Levo Comp recently, I'm used to a carbon Fuel EX. The Spec. felt a bit tankish initially but I really enjoyed it especially on the descents
You didn't ride the bike I posted. But hey, you rode an e-bike (I've not ridden one yet).

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
the Levo SL is a pretty impressive bit of kit, I was looking at how much weight they have dropped over the 2019 levo..
even with the weight reductions, it still has a payload of 109Kg..this is often overlooked by many until they snap their frame and warranty won't cover!
still out of reach by the masses, but lets see what the others can come up with!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You didn't ride the bike I posted. But hey, you rode an e-bike (I've not ridden one yet).
Ooops didn't get the context...looking into it a bit more, the cheapest version is $9800 with NX Eagle and other mediocre running gear. Spec Demo day coming in mid April at the best bike park in WA so I might get to try one then, hoping to get a run on a few models.