Latest eMTB tech

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nah they'll just switch from riding dirt bikes on mtb trails to electric dirt bikes on mtb trails. Why pedal when you can turn a handle.
I concern is more so if they chew up the trails. A lower power eBike with less torque has to be kinder to the trails, but then with a software tweak or removal of a governor then you could expect a lot of more power.

EBikes have their place from some people bit if they end up very mainstream then MTB'ing as we know it now will be much different.

I remember meeting an amputee lady on a Levo and kudos that it let her get out and about much easier.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah they'll just switch from riding dirt bikes on mtb trails to electric dirt bikes on mtb trails. Why pedal when you can turn a handle.
Big push to get those throttle controlled scooters legalised up to 25km/h. If that happens then why wouldn’t ebikes become throttle controlled, save the pedalling for over 25km/h..

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Whens it due to give birth to an annimator down there?
After going to lower geo for better handling plus 1x to help stop the big 3x ring from being even lower and getting stuck on logs and rock gardens, etc............ Then, I know, let's bolt on this BB motor thingy and undo the stuff we set out to do in the first place.

Needs a more time to firm up these designs. Motor + gearbox needs to live in the lower downtube only IMHO.

Atleast this will give it an awesome low and heavy centre of gravity which has to be an upside :|

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
After going to lower geo for better handling plus 1x to help stop the big 3x ring from being even lower and getting stuck on logs and rock gardens, etc............ Then, I know, let's bolt on this BB motor thingy and undo the stuff we set out to do in the first place.

Needs a more time to firm up these designs. Motor + gearbox needs to live in the lower downtube only IMHO.

Atleast this will give it an awesome low and heavy centre of gravity which has to be an upside :|
Agreed. I like at that new carbon jack, or an old mountain cycle shockwave/orange 322 it'd be perfect.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Agreed. I like at that new carbon jack, or an old mountain cycle shockwave/orange 322 it'd be perfect.
A monocoque chassis would be great place to hide it.
The Shockwave v1.0 though and not the hideous v2.0 remake that looked like arse personified and should never have lived.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
A monocoque chassis would be great place to hide it.
The Shockwave v1.0 though and not the hideous v2.0 remake that looked like arse personified and should never have lived.
Yep, just the 05/06 9.5 version, not gen 1 and not that kinesis POS. It was well kinesis took ownership of the name. No one actually seems know who has the rights anymore.. Kinesis/old designer or chumba racing. (seems to of involvement at one stage.) id pay stupid amounts of money for a modern one, even if it's that plastic carbon BS.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
to the trained eye, you can tell when exactly MC moved their manufacturing from San Luis Obispo to some street gutter in Taiwan
It was designed by a guy that thought he was a designer and someone must have believed him. The swansong was projectile vomit of the MC family unfortunately.

Even the Taiwanese cringed when those design plans came over and thought 'Nahhh, couldn't be......'

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those Giants are quite heavy and log crosses can really case out the big motor but the Yamaha motor used has a noticeable increase in torque over the Shimano. Still like my Norco though.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
And now the mighty SC succumbs to the EV force...

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
And now the mighty SC succumbs to the EV force...

I'm with the majority in the linked thread. That doesn't look like an ebike.
Kranked in Vancouver have been building SC ebikes for at least 6 years. They aren't endorsed.