Last Purchases.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive been shaving with a brush and paste(cant remember the word) for the last 8 months best desicsion I have ever made, much smoother, no shaving rash and I found my face is always soft after shaving unlike with the other spary foam.

How do you find the strait blade?
I love the double edged razor. It takes a bit of learning to get the technique right, but once you get it down it gives a really nice shave. It is quite easy to nick yourself though, especially if you put weight behind it, as you would for a disposable razor, so you've really got to let the weight of the razor do the work. There's no way I'll use a cartridge razor again in the near future. I'm actually very tempted to try and track down my grandfathers old straight razor, as I think that would be a pretty incredible keepsake...

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love the double edged razor. It takes a bit of learning to get the technique right, but once you get it down it gives a really nice shave. It is quite easy to nick yourself though, especially if you put weight behind it, as you would for a disposable razor, so you've really got to let the weight of the razor do the work. There's no way I'll use a cartridge razor again in the near future. I'm actually very tempted to try and track down my grandfathers old straight razor, as I think that would be a pretty incredible keepsake...
I was looking a while ago for a proper cutthroat razor but they usually go for several hundered dollers for a turn of last centurary ones(which are ment to be the bee knees).

What is the brand of the cream you are using?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was looking a while ago for a proper cutthroat razor but they usually go for several hundered dollers for a turn of last centurary ones(which are ment to be the bee knees).

What is the brand of the cream you are using?
You can buy still buy new straight razors of very good quality. I've played around with my brothers straight razor, and he has said that they're often easier to use than older razors as they're ground with a hollow, which makes them lighter and easier to use. If you're after one, I'd keep your eye open around antique stores or op shops, as they do appear every now and then.

As for the soap, it is Crabtree and Evelyn.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can buy still buy new straight razors of very good quality. I've played around with my brothers straight razor, and he has said that they're often easier to use than older razors as they're ground with a hollow, which makes them lighter and easier to use. If you're after one, I'd keep your eye open around antique stores or op shops, as they do appear every now and then.

As for the soap, it is Crabtree and Evelyn.
oooh thanks for the link. going to get me one asap!

I am not a fan of hollow ground things, while they are lighter and easier to sharpen they also blunt and get dammaged so much easier, at least with a knife blade, but from a few people I have talked to, its throw away if you dent a straight razor.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I have a friend with a Gti-6, it's pretty fun to punt around corners! How is it so far?
I'm pretty stoked with it so far. It's not incredibly powerful, but then again I was never after something quick, and it handles pretty reasonably. For the money it cost me I couldn't be happier.

workmx

Banned
Here are a few to get you started:

すみません
ありがとう
ようこそいらっしゃいました
おはようございます
お元気ですか
トイレ はどこですか

すみません is the most useful, as it covers a multitude of situations and you'll find yourself using it at least 371 times a day on the crowded trains.

BTW, do not use "sayonara" no matter what the book says. No-one says that. Try "bye-bye" or "Jaa, ne".

cameron_15

Eats Squid
For some reason Broo was $21 a slab at my local liquorland. this is the result...

545123_3292426717278_959406510_n.jpg

3 of us bought 8 slabs each. That was all they had.

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For some reason Broo was $21 a slab at my local liquorland. this is the result...

3 of us bought 8 slabs each. That was all they had.
I think 3 of you are about to discover why they are only $21...

and then wonder WTF you're going to do with the other 573 bottles...

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Here are a few to get you started:

すみません
ありがとう
ようこそいらっしゃいました
おはようございます
お元気ですか
トイレ はどこですか

すみません is the most useful, as it covers a multitude of situations and you'll find yourself using it at least 371 times a day on the crowded trains.

BTW, do not use "sayonara" no matter what the book says. No-one says that. Try "bye-bye" or "Jaa, ne".

damn, i spent 5 minutes on Google Translate looking for the Easter egg.

:D

workmx

Banned
For non-Japanese speakers (amd non hiragana/katakana readers) out there

すみません - Excuse me (sumimasen)
ありがとう - Thanks (arigatou)
ようこそいらっしゃいました - Welcome [to my home/school/business] (youkoirasshaimashita)
おはようございます - [Good] Morning (ohayougozaimasu)
お元気ですか - How are you? (ogenkidesuka)
トイレ はどこですか - Where's the toilet? (toirewadokodesuka)