Lake Mulwala / Yarrowonga

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Easter it seems is here (lake mulwala / Yarrawonga) this year.

We normally meet friends from Melbourne, normally at Beechworth or Bright.

However, this year where headed to the lake/river.

Can't see any real riding out there. anyone got a heads up for any riding around there?

John U

MTB Precision
I grew up in the area. It is irrigation country. Flat as fuck. Didn’t stop me finding shit to launch off on my bmx.

You could ride through the red gum forests. Take a good map and gps/sat nav if you do. Could be easy to get lost.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was born there and as far as I know there is no riding to speak of. You could probably go for a pedal down along the river, but yeah, it is flat as a shit carter’s hat. My advice would be to leave the bike at home and just take a well stocked esky instead.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Hunchback Hill in Wodonga is close-ish, as with Nail Can Hill in Albury. Apart from that, as above, flat as. Still good riding through the bush and most likely some moto single track somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks heaps - figured it would be shite, might still take the bikes for some family time in the said forest....

Bugger Beechworth and Bright getting so popular and a certain someone not booking accomodation, so someone else did...

Lesson learned.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I was up there working at the golf course a few years ago. Flat is an understatement

I found some riding at a park off Mulwala-Barooga Rd. I was in there at night, just pretend the zombies are after you.

pretty much all fire road.

slowmick

38-39"
My wife is from Yarrawonga. we visit the family regularly. Took the bike up one year for training. Strava says I found 17m of vertical in 3 hours. take a shitter if you have one to ride to the shops/pub. The town can get silly busy with Tourists.