La Larr Ba Gauwa Park, Harcourt. Any info??

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
caught a bit of the acton at the harcourt gravity enduro, peeps seemed to be noting themselves, young felix moore looked wicked fast, beat all the sport men [& <15] in the 3 stage race, watched some of the quik guys on 2, plenty of mishaps & almost no one riding the big rock gap.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Pretty keen to check this out. We'll be there, or thereabouts from Tuesday to Friday next week. Any of the other nearby trails worth looking at?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Pretty keen to check this out. We'll be there, or thereabouts from Tuesday to Friday next week. Any of the other nearby trails worth looking at?

The downhill tracks at Mt.Tarrengowar just behind Maldon can be a bit of fun if you don't mind riding rocky stuff. Pretty easy climb/shuttle up Bitumen back to the top.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Apparently Castlemaine "Pineys" is also a Thing but I've never been and I get the impression you might need local knowledge. @Daniel Hale might be able to help with that. Macedon is also about a 45 min drive south but that's one you definitely need a guide for first time.

moorey

call me Mia
Apparently Castlemaine "Pineys" is also a Thing but I've never been and I get the impression you might need local knowledge. @Daniel Hale might be able to help with that. Macedon is also about a 45 min drive south but that's one you definitely need a guide for first time.
Yeah, used to race there. Were fun. Can’t recall now how to get there sorry.

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
yep definitely, bit more old school hand cut steep single trk, with rocks/roots, it’s hard climbing though - very few social rides end with a full complement - drop out rate runs about 30-40% very hard to string a loop together - best best is go on the wed night giant shop ride form in town, or one of the local social rides; i could maybe make a file for you @rockmoose
the old school xd trails up behind don’s factory are good for a run also?

got lights? i’ll join you in harcourt 1 evening

rockmoose

yep definitely, bit more old school hand cut steep single trk, with rocks/roots, it’s hard climbing though - very few social rides end with a full complement - drop out rate runs about 30-40% very hard to string a loop together - best best is go on the wed night giant shop ride form in town, or one of the local social rides; i could maybe make a file for you @rockmoose
the old school xd trails up behind don’s factory are good for a run also?

got lights? i’ll join you in harcourt 1 evening
Yep, pretty sure my lights are floating around the Ute somewhere.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Updates on Facebook is that the go ahead has finally been given to get these trails fixed and they should be up and running in October
Is there more info on what's been damaged? I thought even with severe storms given most trails are out in the open there wouldn't be much to clear in terms of fallen trees etc. Or did everything just get washed away?

rockmoose

Is there more info on what's been damaged? I thought even with severe storms given most trails are out in the open there wouldn't be much to clear in terms of fallen trees etc. Or did everything just get washed away?
So you didn't see the pictures? Some of the trails were 6 foot canyons.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone have some inside knowledge on when this might be opening up? Looking to plan a couple of away rides before the end of the year and hoping these will be freshly minted. Had been planned to re-open in October, but most recent Facebook post in late-Oct indicated they were running a bit behind schedule.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Thread bump. Any progress, was hoping to get to this as one of my faves previously and mash it with some camping. Looks like its still closed. Oct-Nov, now Dec. Surely can't be far off?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
One of the trail-builders out there mentioned it was a couple weeks away from reopening in a strava comment, they've been doing some testing and think it needs some more rain to bed in a bit more before the official opening.