KS Lev Integra Issues

Majin

Likes Dirt
Gday Burners
I've recently been having some issues with my Lev. Pulled it out today to find the cable actuator at the bottom of the post has bent and no longer hold the cable boss( i think its a boss?) The boss keeps jumping out of its holder.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
It's a cheap spare and serviceable part from Link sports. Al will hook you up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate I also recommend the Wolftooth components remote for the KS Lev. IT's good because it much easier to use and because you clamp the cable at the trigger it makes it so much easier to thread and size the cable. All I do is put the bike into a tyre stand and clamp the post with the bike stand just above the frame about 4 inches above the seat tube. I then have free hands to tighten the "boss" up after pushing the end of the cable in whilst the boss is in place in the dropper actuator. I then feed the cable outer up into the hole in the actuator and put the post into the frame to the desired height. Then I feed the cable into the remote, clamp and cut it, job done. I can do a dropper in less than 5 minutes and it's rock solid. This is all provided that you've already got the outer sized. I find the way that KS suggest it to be sooooo f#$king convoluted and time consuming.

Majin

Likes Dirt
Mate I also recommend the Wolftooth components remote for the KS Lev. IT's good because it much easier to use and because you clamp the cable at the trigger it makes it so much easier to thread and size the cable. All I do is put the bike into a tyre stand and clamp the post with the bike stand just above the frame about 4 inches above the seat tube. I then have free hands to tighten the "boss" up after pushing the end of the cable in whilst the boss is in place in the dropper actuator. I then feed the cable outer up into the hole in the actuator and put the post into the frame to the desired height. Then I feed the cable into the remote, clamp and cut it, job done. I can do a dropper in less than 5 minutes and it's rock solid. This is all provided that you've already got the outer sized. I find the way that KS suggest it to be sooooo f#$king convoluted and time consuming.
Im using that exact one, I actually think the lever might have caused the bent part. Just by over pulling.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'd recommend the following
1) cut the excess cable flush with the alloy cable clamp (alloy barrel with grub screw)
2) with some needle nose pliers, you can reshape the little prong that the cable clamp sits in alongside the ring
- it's obviously small so be gentle.
If it's corroded snappage is almost assured so ... GENTLE

From memory the part is P5728. You can order it from your LBS or contact Link Sports direct.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'll be honest ... I can't tell its bent from that pic. I reckon the excess cable is pushing it out of place when triggered.

Majin

Likes Dirt
I'll be honest ... I can't tell its bent from that pic. I reckon the excess cable is pushing it out of place when triggered.
Its a bad photo, Ill try to bend it back tonight. If i do snap it ill order a new one. Al from link says he has many in stock
Thanks!