KS dropper issue

Ash HT

Likes Bikes
Got a KS dropper on one of my bikes, its about 5 rides old.

After about 20 min of riding it moves down, (not in the frame)

Any Ideas ?

Cannot remember who I brought it from so cannot send back. I have had it about 6 months.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Got a KS dropper on one of my bikes, its about 5 rides old.

After about 20 min of riding it moves down, (not in the frame)

Any Ideas ?

Cannot remember who I brought it from so cannot send back. I have had it about 6 months.
Which model dropper?
Did you buy it second hand?
Have you got too much cable tension so that it's partially releasing the post?

stirk

Burner
If it's cable operated check cable tension and routing, if it's too tight it may be very slowly dropping as you ride.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
theres a fine line with the cables, too loose and it wont engage, too tight and it might go ahead and engage on you when you turn your bars or hit a bump. I generally have nil issues with my KS LEV posts, both internal and external, but my KS eten is a frustrating piece of junk. i figure its because of the underseat actuator and the cable routing that needs to bend somewhere every time it drops, so probably not an issue on yours. Having said that, i'd definitely look into the routing, see if it has any points around suspension pivots and steerer or where it might stretch or snag. and if its set fairly tight, try loosening off just a touch so that there's a mm or two of play in the lever as a buffer.

If its still dropping after that, you might need to look at a rebuild. if the eten isnt a cartidge type.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I found my KS post very susceptible to clamp pressure. Too tight and it would somehow squeeze the mechanism and activate it slightly And make it sag. Had to ride it in the end so loose my saddle would spin slightly. Very annoying.
So make sure the seat clamp is not too tight. But definitely have a play around as suggested with cable tension etc.
Mine also had a collar IIRC that could be loosened off allowing you to clean out any gunk caught under the collar and regrease it with Slicko or something. Helped heaps. Although I might be thinking of the OneUp post. It was a while ago now.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
if the eten isnt a cartidge type
Hmmm, I've only had levs (a couple) which have been faultless. I thought the eTen was a non-servicable cartridge type???

If you go through the above troubleshooting with cable routing, cable tension and clamp pressure and it's still sagging then it sounds like a warranty issue. That's simple if you bought it locally. If an overseas purchase then maybe contact @Nerf Herder on here and see if he can fix it (at a cost maybe, but he's a good dude).