Kowalski Classic 25KM Plus accomodation - 18th September 2016

markusm

Likes Bikes
Hi All,

I cant make it now to this event on the 18/9/16, Entry can be transferred to another rider, if done before this Monday 5th September the race plate will have your name on it. I spoke to the organizers and if its transferred after Monday it will have my name on it as the plates go off to the printer on Monday.

I also have accomodation at Alivio Tourist Park in O'Connor, its a 2 bedroom cabin (1 Double, 2 singles).

I'm only wanting the money back for the accomodation ($135). Ill throw in the race entry for free

Text on 0406 684 237

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

I cant make it now to this event on the 18/9/16, Entry can be transferred to another rider, if done before this Monday 5th September the race plate will have your name on it. I spoke to the organizers and if its transferred after Monday it will have my name on it as the plates go off to the printer on Monday.

I also have accomodation at Alivio Tourist Park in O'Connor, its a 2 bedroom cabin (1 Double, 2 singles).

I'm only wanting the money back for the accomodation ($135). Ill throw in the race entry for free

Text on 0406 684 237
So I'm not interested in buying seeing as I've already got an entry and I live in Canberra, but just having a look at the Alivio website it looks like their cancellation policy allows for refunds up to 14 days beforehand. So unless you've purchased your cabin from a 3rd party or special deal with other conditions, shouldn't you be able to cancel and get a refund on accom? At least then you could try to sell your entry at a discount without the accom part complicating things.

markusm

Likes Bikes
So I'm not interested in buying seeing as I've already got an entry and I live in Canberra, but just having a look at the Alivio website it looks like their cancellation policy allows for refunds up to 14 days beforehand. So unless you've purchased your cabin from a 3rd party or special deal with other conditions, shouldn't you be able to cancel and get a refund on accom? At least then you could try to sell your entry at a discount without the accom part complicating things.
That's what I thought but apparently when I booked it was on sale, apparently there's no refund if its book when on sale.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
That's what I thought but apparently when I booked it was on sale, apparently there's no refund if its book when on sale.
Well the race has sold out, and there are already people on Facebook after 100km entries. If you sell your race entry for original price @ $140 and forget about the accommodation, you'll be better off and probably have an easier time selling it. Sucks that your accom was non-refundable though.