Kowalski Classic 2016 50km Entry for Sale

749dark

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately it now doesn't look like I can do this race. Selling my entry for what it cost me: $110

PM me if interested.

Cheers

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately it now doesn't look like I can do this race. Selling my entry for what it cost me: $110

PM me if interested.

Cheers
Have you contacted the race organisers directly? I'm pretty sure that they've got a waiting list of people who've missed out and want to race and can hook you up with someone looking for an entry.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Latest is they're making the call late on Wednesday. I kinda hope they do postpone...I know it'll suck for anyone travelling, but it's so damn wet here, there's just no drying out happening. 1,000+ sets of tyres over the trails will trash them.

I've lived here for 30+ years, and have never seen a winter like this.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Latest is they're making the call late on Wednesday. I kinda hope they do postpone...I know it'll suck for anyone travelling, but it's so damn wet here, there's just no drying out happening. 1,000+ sets of tyres over the trails will trash them.

I've lived here for 30+ years, and have never seen a winter like this.
+1

Never seen this level of moistness before. It'll be postponed. I knew at least 2 weeks ago.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't given the precedent set by Tathra/the other race this past weekend both being postponed due to weather/rain. Also the fact they were begging people to stay off this trails this previous weekend and it's only gonna be wetter this coming weekend.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
+1

Never seen this level of moistness before. It'll be postponed. I knew at least 2 weeks ago.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't given the precedent set by Tathra/the other race this past weekend both being postponed due to weather/rain. Also the fact they were begging people to stay off this trails this previous weekend and it's only gonna be wetter this coming weekend.
Yep. We may get 10-15mm this week, or we may get 1-2mm. The fact that there's a chance of showers every day though means that even if it doesn't rain, it'll be overcast and damp and nothing will be drying. There's a lot of trail in Sparrow this year, and it just doesn't drain as well as the Kowen side.

I don't know if the Tathra situation translates exactly - they got absolutely smashed a week out - but the best thing they did was let people know as early as possible. I'm really glad the Kowalski organisers have at least drawn a line in the sand now. I'm sure they learned a lot of lessons from the Mont debacle a few years back.

Fark. Just looked at the updated forecasts. 20-30mm predicted Wednesday. That'd be the nail in the coffin.

Last edited: