kona vs

indica

Serial flasher
Dont get a kona they are shit and the new ones look like cheap kmart bikes with fabian stickers on it. Barrett you said that you had one all season but didnt you crack the frame and have to get a warranty? Pug is a great rider but his really going to have to train now his on a kona:(
Why are they shit? The newer ones don't look the best, but the front section is the same design.

Barrett

Likes Dirt
Because they crack, and YVC are shit with warranties.....
i believe mine had a manufacturing defect Gloryman, bike shops don't make decisions on warranties, a representative of the importer will do this inspection, and if the frame has been use correctly and is still with in warranty and has a manufacturers defect eg (mine) the importer will honor the warranty.
If kona's were so crap why did there dominate this year vic dh series?

Kona rider Alex Swann
4th place. National Series Rd One. Adelaide.
12th Overall. Australian National Series. 2008.
1st place VSS. Ararat.
2nd place VSS. Barjarg.
2nd place VSS. Long Gully.
4th place Victorian Champs, Mt Buller.
2nd Overall. Victorain State Series. 2008.

as well as kona riders taking out first in both u/19s and u/17's with those results how can you say they are not fast.....

ya_frizz

Likes Dirt
i own a kona, it is very smooth and reliable, rails berms awsome and the most important bit it can take a beating:D

Lube

Likes Dirt
When was the last time you saw a Glory anywhere near a podium - unless it was riding past of course.
He did say they are the best value, not the best bike, and I would agree with him on that point. That being said, I also agree with you how they are not often on WC podiums, but in the Nationals or State rounds over here you see them flat out towards the top end of the field.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
originally posted by ya frizz
its not the bike its the rider, a great rider can make any bike go and go well
thankyou for realising. any good quality rider can make any bike seem faster than others. rider quality is about one hundred times more important than bike/build quality. sure i agree that bikes can help, my new gkory has made me faster and i can do bigger things on it but if me and my mate swap bike (he has a trek trail bike) i'll still beat him down the hill. he has only ridden for 8-9 months and isn't super confidence. so stop arguing about which bike was on the podium cos if you put sam hill on a glory hed still be there so its the rider not the bike although ti can make a difference its a bout 90% rider and 10% bike.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
rider quality is about one hundred times more important than bike/build quality.
Absolutely.

Will a better bike help a good rider perform better? Of course. But skill doesn't come with the bike. Sam Hill on a Huffy would still be ten times faster than me on Sam Hill's bike.

indica

Serial flasher
so stop arguing about which bike was on the podium
I was trying to make the point that the Kona isn't shit, it is all about what you feel comfortable on.
I find I am faster on my Stab than on my mates Glory - I feel better on it.
The Glory isn't better because it has a good spec. The Sunday isn't better because Hill rides it fast. The V-10 isn't better because Minaar rides one.

i believe mine had a manufacturing defect Gloryman, bike shops don't make decisions on warranties, a representative of the importer will do this inspection, and if the frame has been use correctly and is still with in warranty and has a manufacturers defect eg (mine) the importer will honor the warranty.
If kona's were so crap why did there dominate this year vic dh series?

Kona rider Alex Swann
4th place. National Series Rd One. Adelaide.
12th Overall. Australian National Series. 2008.
1st place VSS. Ararat.
2nd place VSS. Barjarg.
2nd place VSS. Long Gully.
4th place Victorian Champs, Mt Buller.
2nd Overall. Victorain State Series. 2008.

as well as kona riders taking out first in both u/19s and u/17's with those results how can you say they are not fast.....
are you a total idoit? He didnt get those positions because his on a kona. They suck. That's why the top 10 pros in the world dont ride them. As for Tracy she said last night that she doesnt want to ride for kona next year and that she wants a new bike sponsor! Plus there are No very good riders in Victoria anyway.Does that say it all?

Barrett

Likes Dirt
are you a total idoit?yes i am thanks buddy He didnt get those positions because his on a kona. Well he didn't get them riding a glory They suck. That's why the top 10 pros in the world dont ride them.The top ten boys dont ride them because kona dont pay them too As for Tracy she said last night that she doesnt want to ride for kona next year and that she wants a new bike sponsor! Plus there are No very good riders in Victoria anyway.Does that say it all? No mate it does not you give know reason for your hatred of kona or any evidence to suppot your points, have you have ever ridin a kona [/QUote/]

And Who are you?

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Ok, everyone take a BIG deep breath, count to ten and step away for the keyboards. Next we'll all be pulling out the tape measure and seeing who's got the biggest...........:eek:

To the OP.....Just try the bikes you're interested in and buy what YOU like.
Are you really going to spend "Serious Cash" on what an internet forum tells you to?:rolleyes:

Bomb446

Likes Dirt
are you a total idoit? He didnt get those positions because his on a kona. They suck. That's why the top 10 pros in the world dont ride them. As for Tracy she said last night that she doesnt want to ride for kona next year and that she wants a new bike sponsor! Plus there are No very good riders in Victoria anyway.Does that say it all?
You are a dick, Barel won two World Champs on a Kona, why? Because Fabian Barel is an excellent racer who rode a bike that suited him.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its not the bike. Its the rider.
Everyone rides differently, everyone has there own style.
People on Kona's last season might have dominated the series, but might not mean it will always be that way.
Kona's are just a bike, the rider just pushes them selves to take the win.

Barret. You are one quick mother. You were still on the Sunday.
Personally, if you were back on the Sunday, you could be still killing it without the Kona.

None the less, go the Kona. My brother got his Custom 08 Stab and it rides F*n bullshit. Sticks nice, sucks the pumps, corners prime. Very nice.
Ide top that over the other 2.

Cheers

dhd

Downhill Direct
This is an awesome thread. Reminds me of the good old "Ford Vs Holden" argument. Going nowhere fast. So I'm just going to add:

They are all shit. Buy a TURNER DHR cause they are the maddest baddest and Raddest bike....So there!