Kids flats

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I want to get some better pedals than what have come on my daughters XTC24. I was thinking DMR V6s, but I'm wondering if the platform might be a bit big. She's between a US4 and 5. What are peeps doing here for good flats for the kiddies?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I want to get some better pedals than what have come on my daughters XTC24. I was thinking DMR V6s, but I'm wondering if the platform might be a bit big. She's between a US4 and 5. What are peeps doing here for good flats for the kiddies?
Started the boy out on wellgo mg1s, he's now on the plastic nuke proofs. I'd suggest going straight to the nukes. But both are good, and are a little more forgiving on the shins.

DMan

Started the boy out on wellgo mg1s, he's now on the plastic nuke proofs. I'd suggest going straight to the nukes. But both are good, and are a little more forgiving on the shins.
The NPs would be the same platform size as the DMRs no?

DMan

if you're interested i've got some of these hardly used.
pay for postage and they're yours.

Are they that colour? As much as I really appreciate the generous offer I have a little tomboy and if they even slightly resemble pink it's a no go....

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
Are they that colour? As much as I really appreciate the generous offer I have a little tomboy and if they even slightly resemble pink it's a no go....
haha yeah they are pink.
had them on a ex's bmx when i lived in melbs and yeah they never got used.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Our kids have been on Nukeproof Electron plastic pedals since they could ride which was from about 2. Still serves us well, they're not a big as the big flats, still spin really good, no play, light, thin, cheap. Highly recommeded.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
My daughter hates pink and loves blue too......... luv her reaction when someone hits her with "and it's pink too!!!!" haha

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had some Wellgo KC001's on my daughter's bike since she was 3.5. Zero scrap marks on her legs. Amazing pedals.
Bought another set for her christmas present this year (new bike!)

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Xpedo Spry off eBay. Very light - about 250grams a pair...forgiving pins. I have 3 sets, oldest about 4 years still going strong.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pedals such as the v6 have a few flaws that make for a short term pedal. In particular in the wet grip is severely reduced, the pins also wear down a bit fast. Follow the advice of others and chase the plastic with real pins. While there is an increased opportunity for leg cuts on pedal pins, the likelihood is reduced by decent traction and reliability. Also the additional of sealed bearings makes for a longer life span.

Personally I rock the fire eye candy, a bit cheaper than the nuke proof:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/fire-eye-hot-candy-pedals/rp-prod119683
But the outer nut that secures the body can come loose a little if the pedals are knocked about.

moorey

call me Mia
Xpedo Spry off eBay. Very light - about 250grams a pair...forgiving pins. I have 3 sets, oldest about 4 years still going strong.
I started with the spry. Both sets crapped out after about 8 months, and there was no way you could undo the bolt to service them without or rounding straight out. Haven't had the same issue with the mg5's.
Would be sweet for kids though, and last years.

moorey

call me Mia
Pedals such as the v6 have a few flaws that make for a short term pedal. In particular in the wet grip is severely reduced, the pins also wear down a bit fast. Follow the advice of others and chase the plastic with real pins. While there is an increased opportunity for leg cuts on pedal pins, the likelihood is reduced by decent traction and reliability. Also the additional of sealed bearings makes for a longer life span.

Personally I rock the fire eye candy, a bit cheaper than the nuke proof:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/fire-eye-hot-candy-pedals/rp-prod119683
But the outer nut that secures the body can come loose a little if the pedals are knocked about.
Fire Eye gear is what Funn used to be. Not a compliment. Funn have really picked up their game.