Jewellers Chainsaw…

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
How good is empty nesting…

But I do have find under the house, the gate for the top of the stairs, since this little guy will be mobile real soon.
Our little one is 6 months old now and starting to help us identify all the things we thought were fine but actually aren't
Dad's Lego Kombi will come off display shortly. Still haven't worked out a solution for the dog's water bowl yet, but at least the fire is sorted ($150 multi-purpose gate from Big W won over $400-$500 guard options at the wood heater shop)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Not to mention the literal burning of what's supposed to be the lungs of the planet!!!!

At this stage Moorey might as well be fracking.
Funny thing is that despite its high CO2 output relative to fuel input, wood is one of very few resources that can truly be called "renewable". Although needing a few decades to reach useful size, trees can be replaced relatively quickly. Unlike solar, wind & other environmentally-driven energy systems; the energy sources might be damn near infinite, but making the bits to harness the raw energy still means digging up & burning fairly big quantities of Irreplaceable Stuff.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Funny thing is that despite its high CO2 output relative to fuel input, wood is one of very few resources that can truly be called "renewable". Although needing a few decades to reach useful size, trees can be replaced relatively quickly. Unlike solar, wind & other environmentally-driven energy systems; the energy sources might be damn near infinite, but making the bits to harness the raw energy still means digging up & burning fairly big quantities of Irreplaceable Stuff.
Taking dead wood causes other issues because you're taking away homes for little critters to hide in and around. It actually takes quite a while for a log to naturally hollow out.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Taking dead wood causes other issues because you're taking away homes for little critters to hide in and around. It actually takes quite a while for a log to naturally hollow out.
Just to further derail this thread...

Only one solution to fix the environmental impact guaranteed to be successful really. Just take the same approach that we take when any other species reaches plague proportions. I think it's gonna happen whether we want it to or not. Nature keeps upping her game and so far we have risen to the challenge, I reckon she'll have a win soon enough though.

Looking at world wide birth rates, we are ever so slowly moving towards a declining population by choice, time is fast running out for a vast number of flora and fauna though.

moorey

call me Mia
Who is taking old hollow wood? 90% of what I use was blown over in a storm or died recently in our regular bush fires. Yes, if I see it’s hollow, it’s left where it is.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
How good is empty nesting…

But I do have to find under the house, the gate for the top of the stairs, since this little guy will be mobile real soon.

Can’t wait to buy him his first balance bike.

View attachment 376260
Cute bub!

Don't buy a balance bike, I have 10 million some how. I only need 1 or 2 for my 1 year old (1 for home and 1 for the grandparent's farm). I'll do a stocktake and put an ad up in the sale section. They will be freebies.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cute bub!

Don't buy a balance bike, I have 10 million some how. I only need 1 or 2 for my 1 year old (1 for home and 1 for the grandparent's farm). I'll do a stocktake and put an ad up in the sale section. They will be freebies.
I would be interested should this happen

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Don't worry, 4wders will run over the critters.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Who is taking old hollow wood? 90% of what I use was blown over in a storm or died recently in our regular bush fires. Yes, if I see it’s hollow, it’s left where it is.
If you keep on taking fresh fallen trees, a lot will never reach that point. Old hollowed tree's will rot and breakdown and nothing to replace them. Just saying, we all have an impact on the environment.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
If you keep on taking fresh fallen trees, a lot will never reach that point. Old hollowed tree's will rot and breakdown and nothing to replace them. Just saying, we all have an impact on the environment.
Getting the feeling you will pick fault in whatever my process is. Making the best of an imperfect situation. I guess it wouldn’t come across as hypocritical if I thought that you were doing a lot more yourself ;)

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Getting the feeling you will pick fault in whatever my process is. Making the best of an imperfect situation. I guess it wouldn’t come across as hypocritical if I thought that you were doing a lot more yourself ;)
Take comfort in the fact that no one individual can do enough, then do what you can so that you can sleep well at night and hope know that our esteemed leaders will step up in our time of need.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'm as guilty as anyone else to be truthful, enjoyed plenty of bush fire camps in the younger days. ;)