Jewellers Chainsaw…

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Not to mention the literal burning of what's supposed to be the lungs of the planet!!!!

At this stage Moorey might as well be fracking.
I used to live in the dandenongs, easily 3/4 of the homes there are woodfire suplimented or woodfire only for heating (we had only woodfire). Also easily 3/4 of the population there are hippy "save the planet" types that love to spread the good word about how kind to the planet they are and how terrible us regular omnivorous 4wd owning worker drones are.

It tickled me pink when I found out that in a day, an efficient burning woodfire heater will spew out as much baddies as a truck crossing the state.

(Just to be clear, I am on the side of cleaning our air up, I just enjoy irony)

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Indeed. I am aware of the issues these days. We unfortunately were not 20 years ago.
There are many choices I have made that hopefully have a substantial impact on my footprint.
Our heating source undoes that, and possibly more.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Indeed. I am aware of the issues these days. We unfortunately were not 20 years ago.
There are many choices I have made that hopefully have a substantial impact on my footprint.
Our heating source undoes that, and possibly more.
Wood for heating is sort of carbon neutral if you're replanting where you felled. Under UNFCCC accounting rules at least at a national level biomass is assigned a CO2 emission factor of 0 on the theory that the carbon reabsorbed when the biomass regrows.

Its all the other crap thats the problem, but dammit I still love an open fire...

moorey

call me Mia
Wood for heating is sort of carbon neutral if you're replanting where you felled. Under UNFCCC accounting rules at least at a national level biomass is assigned a CO2 emission factor of 0 on the theory that the carbon reabsorbed when the biomass regrows.

Its all the other crap thats the problem, but dammit I still love an open fire...
I’m not felling. We have lots of fallen wood, or trees that died in fires. Other trees grow in the spot they’ve left behind. It’s still an issue.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I’m not felling. We have lots of fallen wood, or trees that died in fires. Other trees grow in the spot they’ve left behind. It’s still an issue.
Yeah, I'm just saying at a very high level and very simplified manner that it mostly eventually balances out on a carbon level. Habitat, emissions of other GHGs and a bunch of other issues however are another thing ;) There are a lot of things to consider, but straight out CO2 emissions is not at the top of the list.

clockworked

Like an orange
Its so warm and smug in my renewable-powered, electrically heated home on top of my self righteous hill situated in the greenest state in the nation. I just finished my vegetarian dinner and I've got plenty of energy to sneer at one type of plebian. The small capacity motor owning hicks of the dandenong ranges... scum.

Take a step toward enlightenment moorey; sell your house and reroute your guardian newspaper subscription to pure and beautiful tasmania.

moorey

call me Mia
Its so warm and smug in my renewable-powered, electrically heated home on top of my self righteous hill situated in the greenest state in the nation. I just finished my vegetarian dinner and I've got plenty of energy to sneer at one type of plebian. The small capacity motor owning hicks of the dandenong ranges... scum.

Take a step toward enlightenment moorey; sell your house and reroute your guardian newspaper subscription to pure and beautiful tasmania.
Tasmania would be awesome... without the Tasmanians.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Did a little bit more cleanup today, all small stuff. Click in the freshly charged battery… vroom. All done. Great.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Oil is nature's battery. Just takes a fracking long time to recharge it...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Oil is nature's battery. Just takes a fracking long time to recharge it...
Don’t worry, my little chainsaw battery was charged with Yallourn coal.

I didn’t buy to save the world… I bought it for camping and convenience.